Friday, May 18, 2018

HORRORscopes

My brand - cheap and delicious 
Yesterday I visited my dispatcher friends at NIU-PD. It was great seeing them again. I stop by now and again just to say hello and to catch up. I am still considering the thought of going back to work there. I really liked the job and everybody seems to want me back. For the most part, I believe it is up to me to decide for sure. I also have to check with human resources to find out what I need to do to go back. I also wonder what days off I would get. Last night I drank a bottle of moscato. I sleep like a baby when I drink some wine and then take some melatonin. The sleeping pill helps too. I know that I probably should not mix meds and libations. I woke up this morning so I guess I am doing it right. I did sleep a bit longer and sounder than usual.

I have today and tomorrow off of work and then back to the grind for three days. Tomorrow is Fabio's college graduation. I talked to my dad and he is coming for the festivities. Knowing Noah, he won't want a graduation party.

If you have Netflix and you're not squeamish I recommend MINDHUNTER. It is not very visually violent (for the most part) though the mind makes it worse than it seems to be sometimes. The series is based on real-life FBI cases like: Charles Manson, Ed Kemper, Richard Speck, the co-ed killer, the BTK Killer (bind, torture, kill)... and how the FBI solved them and how this changed the way that major crimes have been investigated and solved since. I had watched it before but I started watching the episodes again; I finished season one again last night. I guess season two will be coming out soon. I love series/shows like this one. It is basically about how two FBI agents changed the way that criminal science has gotten into the psychology and changed law enforcement crime solving. I also like the background soundtrack; it reminds me of all the songs I loved in the 70's and 80's.

Oddly, I turned on the television for some background noise while I cleaned the kitchen after MINDHUNTER was done, and Dirty Harry is on the Roku Channel right now. Weird! This movie is loosely based on the Zodiac Killer case; this dude's name is Scorpio though. I wonder why they chose that one over all of the other astrological signs? I realize that my sign would not work; the Virgo Killer isn't too frightening. I am not much of a nightmare kinda guy and, if my dreams do turn tonight, I have learned how to steer my dreams in whatever direction I wish. It took me a long time to master that craft. It is pretty cool.
Scorpio probably is the best sign for this

I think I am going to eat lunch at a bar today and just eat at the bar. For some reason there is something romantic about that to me. I watch too many movies. Nah, I probably won't do that after all. It's less expensive and quicker to just go to the supermarket and get something to eat here.

My doctor's office called this morning to remind me of a doctor's appointment that I had scheduled (months and months ago) for next week. When I made the appointment I was working: Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays so I made the appointment for a Wednesday. When I talked to the nurse/receptionist this morning I told her that my work schedule has changed and I have to reschedule the appointment. To accommodate my days, at this point, I have to wait until September unless something else opens up. Northwestern Medical seems to run just about everything medically in Illinois (and maybe even more) now and they cannot squeeze me in somewhere for a quick check of the oil and kick the tires?

I am not sure if I will be able to blog tomorrow because of Noah's graduation and then, the next day, I have to go back to work so it may not be until Tuesday again. I am confident that you can survive a few days without my nonsense. I do know that I am going to have to go and get another bottle of wine today. I think Jill will be home sometime tonight and maybe we will go out for dinner. Or. maybe we will all just go out for lunch tomorrow after the graduation. Either way I am 86% I won't write tomorrow. I hope you have a great whatever amount of time it is before I write again. Thanks for coming by. TTT?...MITM (out) Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment