Monday, April 30, 2018

Carpe Your Diem!

Today is Cha Cha and my 30th wedding anniversary. She doesn't read the blog because, as she says, "I live it," but I did tell her happy anniversary this morning and I will make a fancy dinner for tonight. Jill is at work and I am still off until Sunday. I would think about going to The Hotel Baker for dinner but they were pretty jerky the last time we were in St. Charles and we just wanted to walk around and reminisce. We even mentioned, of course, that it was where we had our wedding dinner. I can be a grudge-holder at times though I have gotten better about that.

This coming Sunday I also have to call to see if they picked me for jury duty. I am guessing that working for a police department for several years will probably disqualify me as a juror. I would be fair and just in my decisions but courts, at times, can be unfair and partial. The trial, if it goes forward, will mean that my vacation will, by law, continue with me in a courthouse.

I was going to go to Rockford today but I am not going today. Maybe tomorrow? I am pretty obsessed with The Rockford Peaches right now. I read a lot about the celebration that they are having in May/June and I saw that Megan Cavanagh, who played Marla Hooch in the movie, is going to be there for the anniversary celebration. I sent out a Tweet about it and copied: Rosie O'Donnell, Penny Marshall, Tom Hanks, Gina Davis, Madonna, Lori Petty, Gary Marshall... hoping there may be more star-power to get a bigger turnout. I am not sure why I care so much. I suppose it is that I am disappointed that women have been discriminated against for so long in so many ways and I want to help as much as I can to help remedy or makeup for that disgrace even though I was never guilty of those sentiments.

I have been tired off-and-on over the past few weeks. I fear that I am going to be sick soon. I think the travelling may have just wore me out. I have always been an excellent traveler but I have never traveled at my current age. I suppose that fact would be the same as if I traveled in five minutes.  At least if I am getting sick it is while I don't have to work.

The Red Skelton Show is on right now. He was a pretty funny guy. I remember his characters Freddie the Freeloader and Clem Kadiddlehopper from when I was really young or maybe I remember them because I majored in Radio-Television in college? Red was born in Indiana and his real name was Richard Eheart. I had heard that he also almost sued the guy who did the voice of Bullwinkle the Moose because Bullwinkle's voice was too similar to Clem's. I am not going to praddle-on about that because these new computer doohickeys can look things up quickly if you need to know more.

I have to head to a few stores now so I will end. I have to go to the grocery store for food, the drug store for Cha Cha's meds, another supermarket because they have the certain things that Jill needs and one more because they have the better produce. Why do they make all of these big box stores if I still have to travel to get all of what we need? I am going to the library first so the food doesn't spoil in the JEEP. I am doing the nap deal today for sure. That's the bad thing about having so many days in a row off - I stay up too late and get up too early to try to carpe the diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment