Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Great Marriages and Women in History (at least two for today)

I am sorry I am blogging so late today (currently 19:49). I have been in Evanston (Illinois) pretty much all day. It may even be tomorrow before you read this but it will still be today for you even though it will be today's tomorrow for me which makes no sense unless you are me. I think.

Today is my first day of the weekly four-day weekends so I will still have a few days off of work when we get home tomorrow, before heading back to do my three days of work and then (big fanfare) I will have eleven days in a row off of work. I will get my usual days off of work plus my thee days that I would normally work for vacation. Cha Cha and I will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary within that eleven days and we are planning a trip. I know we had talked about going back to Puerto Rico to help there and we talked about going back to Key West. So, since it looks like Puerto Rico has too many things going on and Key West has already been done we have decided to go somewhere that we have never been before, We are going to Hot Springs, Arkansas. It was her idea and what kind of husband would I be if I didn't let my bride make that choice? I have been to, I believe after looking at the map of the U.S. and A,, 37 states. Maybe while we are down that way we could sneak in few others I have not been to like: Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama (even though I don't have a banjo)? When we got married, back in 1988, we were pretty broke so we just went to St. Louis for our honeymoon. She was a great sport (pun intended) because we even went to a Cardinal's game and met Fredbird. When she suggested Hot Springs I figured I owed it to her to get her choice on this one. In thirty more years we will flip a coin.

The Hilton that we are staying at tonight is right across the street from the library so, after I walk Jill to work in the morning (stopping for breakfast on the way). I will then, probably, go over there and: read, do research more for my upcoming bestselling novel, blog and who knows what else. Nap? I guess I could do that at the hotel though, couldn't I? I get free WiFi because we are Hilton Honors' members. Maybe will get a free stay in that we can use when we head down south?

Ha, Animal House just came on the television (HBO) here. Silence of the Lambs was on before this. Two of my favorites. Very different genres though they both have something to do with animals. Jill is doing work on her computer because that is what she does. She has the best work-ethic of anybody I have ever known.
Could they be called The Bushes?

I am still doing well with managing my food choices and I lost another three pounds this week. I do need to do more working-out and that will begin this week too.

Very sad news about Barbara Bush dying. She was a very classy lady, a great First Lady and I never even heard one disparaging word about her. Before she was First Lady she was Second Lady of The United States. I was nosy, as I am, and I researched to see how many women have been second lady and then first lady - there were actually fourteen women who had been second ladies and became first ladies. Hopefully, Karen Pence will be number fifteen (nothing against Melania). In addition to being married to The President of the United States Nres. Bush bore and raised another President of the United States and a Governor of Florida. She and George H.W. were married for 73 years until her death. I am not sure if you are still considered married once one of the spouses dies or that's where the "'til death do us part" thing comes into play.

I am going to end because I won't have anything to write tomorrow if I don't. Thanks for showing up. I am happy that inclement weather doesn't discourage you like it does with some of the cream puff Major League Baseball teams. Or officials or whomever makes those decisions. I am only a very short train ride from Wrigley Field and who knows what might happen tomorrow on my dance card?

TTTT...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment