Saturday, April 14, 2018

Blogs are not Political Activism

I am very sad this morning while watching the news and seeing all the coverage of the innocent children  and people of Syria being treated for the missile attacks on chemical weapons storage facilities by my country along with the coordinated efforts with a couple of other counties (France and The United Kingdom). Many people have been killed and maimed and left to fight for their lives. The children, of course, break my heart the most. That is the bleeding heart part of being a bleeding heart liberal. I started watching the mainstream American media first but now I am watching ALJazeera and Reuters news because they do more balanced coverages with fewer advertisers in my view. Working for many newspapers and magazines and a television news station, along with my college education in news and journalism, over the years I suppose I am sort of picky on this kind of coverage sometimes. I also learned that Trump is not attending The Summit of the Americas. The word America appears right in the name of our country. Why, on Earth, would be not attend? Because the rest of the world would all learn that our emperor wears no clothes? A sadness we learned many months ago.

It is also interesting that many of the foreign news programs cover the weather for the entire world not just for their own areas/ Perhaps that is because many of those countries are the sizes of one of our states. It's fun to hear how they pronounce the names of our states and to see how they care about the rest of the world while our country is just worried about us. My favorite weather person is Rob McElwee. I would like to go out and have a pint with him though I am not drinking for the time being. Maybe some cider then? Once you see this bloke you cannot help but liking him.

Cha Cha is hinting (largely hinting) that she wants to go for breakfast. I am full - I had a banana 40 minutes ago already for crying out loud. I am going to break (fast) here now (8:43) so I have to go get dressed to keep mama happy. She has always been a breakfast person; having grown-up on a farm breakfast was always the big meal of the day.

We are back (it is now 12:31) home. After breakfast we went to Jewel (grocery store) and got stuff food lunches for the week. Sadly, my three-day week begins tomorrow but, thankfully,
I only work three days per week. I am making homemade chicken soup right now. It is homemade because I am making it at home. Low sodium broth, chicken, carrots, onions, celery, pepper, rosemary (no Morrie Amsterdam) and peas. The boss is not a pea fan so I am cooking them on the side and adding to my portions. I will eat the remainder on the side.

Cha Cha is going to Evanston again this coming week and she wants to know if I want to go with her. I think I will and maybe hang-out at Northwestern University's Deering Library while she is at work. I had a great idea for part of the book I am trying to write while we were heading to breakfast but I forgot what it was. I did not have a pen and paper with me, like I usually do, and my memory is terrible so I have to hope that it will come back to me. Maybe it wasn't as good as I thought it was so my hard-drive deleted it for me. I will check mt cache. No, my memory just really stinks now.

Alright, that is enough for today. I will probably blog next on Wednesday from Northwestern University. Thank you for stopping in today. I hope is is warmer where you are than it is here. TTT sometime next week...MITM (out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment