Monday, December 2, 2013

Black and White Addition


P.S. (pre script) - I ran out of time to proofread so good luck to you.

We got home last night at about 18:00. Traffic was moving very well and I did not see any State Troopers except for the one at the gas station in LeRoy, Illinois. LeRoy is just west of Farmer City. I wish I were making these town names up. They are between Bloomington and Champaign (a bit closer to Bloomington). I would say that we averaged about 75 mile per hour, hypothetically because, that would be illegal - literary license rules apply to blogs too you know.

It was really odd not having computer access or phone service for a couple of days. It was odd but kind of nice too. We did record Dirty Laundry Podcast while we were down in the sticks. I will probably edit the show right after I get done with this blog. I will do it for a bit and then I have to head to Geneva to pick Jeff up at the kennel. I wonder if he thinks that is his new home? I often wonder what animals think. I guess I wonder things like that because of people like Walt Disney. I also wonder if, when he gets here, he wishes he were back there. He probably got lots of attention there and, they say, that the dogs spend time together. He will probably come back here and be bored out of his mind.

A week I go to Skokie to interview a woman who went to the Auschwitz concentration camp when she was 17-years-old  for the podcast. I have watched Schindler's List for the 96th time and I have read numerous articles and information on the worst mas-murder of all time. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I don't feel that I am even worthy of speaking with this lady let alone interviewing her.
I am trying to get caught up with all of my Words With Friends games and my emails. What else? I did all of the laundry we generated while we were gone. Before we left we raked the yard and bagged-up all the leaves. We didn't take them to the curb before we left because the garbage dude came in the MIDDLE of the time we were gone.We have one truck that takes recycling, one that takes the non-recyclable refuse and one that takes yard waste. So, the garage was packed with 22 yard bags full of leaves.  I loaded them up in the 4Runner this morning and took them over to the yard-waste dumpsters over by our county buildings. It took two trips but, that is done now too. I also repaired the basketball hoop that was damaged by the winds a couple of weeks ago and that is now fixed and winterized. The weather was very conducive. Speaking of weather - it was nearly 60 when we were down south. Why in the Hell do I remain Matt In The Middle? I should be Matt In The Warmer South.

While we were gone I heard that Paul Walked died in a fiery car crash. Of course, the first thing I thought of was that he was in six Fast and Furious movies. Number seven is in production now and is supposed to be out in 2014. I wonder if his death will change that film coming out?  I am sure there is already millions of dollars tied-up in the film so it will be released. I first remember seeing him in Varsity Blues and Pleasantville. I liked much of his work and he seemed like a nice guy. I just watched Varsity Blues on Netflix not long ago but, I see it's no longer available for streaming.Very sad to see him die so young. I also see that he was in: Charles In Charge, Highway To Heaven, Who's The Boss, and many other shows way back when. I was surprised to hear that he was 40-years-old. His birthday was two days before mine.

I have to find my notes; I took a lot of notes for the blog / podcast while we were gone. I have to end now because it's almost time to leave and get Jeff. I should be able to blog again tomorrow provided I get the podcast done today. Maybe even if I don't get it done.

Thanks a lot for stopping-in. Have a great rest of YOUR Monday and Monnight. TTTT...MITM (out). (All of today's photos were in black and white - just a coincidence but I like it.) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment