Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Blog Humbug!

Magda Brown - Nazi Concentration Camp at 17
So, now we have two Dirty Laundry Podcast episodes "in the can" but, I have to find time to get them edited. "In the can" was from back in the days when they used film and reel-to-reel tape instead of digital copies of things. You MIDDLERS and beyond will recall when our parents showed us home movies and they were stored in those metal "cans." Anyway, the show that we recorded yesterday at The Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center does not need much editing but, we have to record the very beginning and the very end. It should not take very long but Cha Cha is very busy with her paying gig and doesn't even have a few moments. I do not feel right doing it without her but if it lasts much longer it may come to that. The other one, that we recorded while on vacation, needs to be fully edited. I want to get the one we did yesterday up first because it is so much better. It will be out of order but I think I owe it to our listeners to put the best pod forward. Once we have the one up the other one will follow withing a couple of days.

The lady we talked to yesterday for the show was so nice and grounded and interesting. She has lived through the worst atrocity in the history of mankind (at the very least the largest mass murder in the history of mankind) and she is still so positive and optimistic. To be taken from your home at 17-years-old and go through the things that she described to us? I will think of her often when I am whining about some stupid little things in my life.

The holiday season is upon us; I really don't care for this time of year. It's mostly about money and greed. I guess the fuse for that bomb is Black Friday these days. It just makes me sad. The week of Christmas every day from December 24th until January 2nd, except for December 28th, is a holiday day for us. Only three people have to work and we can volunteer to work if we want to. If three people don't volunteer the bottom three in seniority have to work. I think I am going to volunteer to work all of the days that are not my "weekend" days (six days). There are people who probably want off and since I am a Scrooge I will go ahead and work. If we work we get paid for the hours we work as well as 7.5 holiday hours for each of those days. So, I will get my pay and I will "bank" the other pay for those six days as "comp" time. It will be like getting paid and getting six more vacation days. I would rather use those days for a vacation over the summer. We have discussed many ideas for a family vacation. So, ironically, my working during the greedy holiday time of the year will earn me some family time during the summer. Even if the retailers want to try to destroy my hopes and memories of Christmas I will make it about family - just in a warmer time of year. I win retailers! Good day retailers! I said good day!

I have bummed myself out so I am gonna put this one in the can. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great rest of your day. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment