Sunday, December 15, 2013

T Minus 61

There's some new movie coming out about dinosaurs; I think it's called Walking With Dinosaurs. I have never really been sure how that worked. Since they were prehistoric does that mean that they were before people? I know that I have learned that and am pretty sure if that is what it means but if they are prehistory how do we even know about them? So Jesus was after them? If God exists he must have created them too, right? I am not trying to spark religious thoughts I really do not understand. And, if they did exist (I think the evidence is pretty overwhelming that they did) there were no humans alive then right? Are we descendants of dinosaurs? Supposedly birds are probably the most likely relatives of dinosaurs I hear. This is the theory that I subscribe to anyway. Maybe some dinosaurs became birds and some became alligators and crocodiles and some became people? Who knows? The answer is - nobody.
My money would be on LaMotta

Speaking of dinosaurs - I recorded Saturday Night Live last night and watched it this morning when I got home from work. John Goodman was the guest host; I have always liked him. Rosanne was a stupid show but we watched it anyway. I think they were supposedly from Illinois so I felt compelled to watch. Because I can only remember useless crap I know the town was Lanford (or maybe Landford), Illinois. I remember in one episode Dan (Goodman) was reading a paper called the Dekalb Observer. I have lived in Dekalb for about 20 years and, I cannot remember a paper called the Observer. Anyway, that has nothing to do with anything; I was talking about dinosaurs. I saw one of the worst sketches I have ever seen on Saturday Night Live in it's almost 40 years the show has been on television. Hey, 2015 will be 40 years. A couple of movie icon dinosaurs were in the sketch with Goodman - Bobby De Niro and Sly Stallone. They are in a new film together about Jake LaMotta fight Rocky Balboa or something stupid. It seemed like they just walked on and were either ad-libbing or reading the teleprompter without their glasses on. The audience wasn't even doing the fake laugh that they usually do. It was painful.

I have to get that darned Thanksgiving load of Dirty Laundry Podcast finished and up today. We are still getting lots of downloads from the last show that we uploaded (with Holocaust survivor Magda Brown). We have to rethink this whole podcast. We may actually be capable of making a difference in the world rather than just entertaining with our idiocy. We have gotten downloads from countries that we have never had "hits" from before and, some from ones that have not visited in awhile. Entertaining is making a difference though. Escapism is very important. Just down try the Chinese Water Torture or whatever killed Houdini.

I have to get some sleep. I only slept three hours after work this morning. I had to shovel the driveway and start getting the basement ready for Jeff. Our dog is getting his own room, sort of. He's a pain in the ass and we want him two floors below us at night. Sometimes he barks in the MIDDLE of the night and we would rather sleep than listen to that. Stupid Jeff. If I could just teach him to help shovel the driveway I'd be cool with him.

I think I am going to take a nap before I finish editing the show. Thanks a lot for reading the blog. I will let you know when the new podcast is ready. Have a great whatever little time is left in your weekend. This is only my Saturday so I get an extra day. Tuesday Splenda comes home for a couple of days for an early Christmas with us and my parents - can't wait. TTTT...MITM (zzzzzzzzout) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment