Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Jungle Never Sleeps

I have connection for the Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl
Since yesterday's blog there is now about 0% chance I will be working security at the Tosito's Fiesta Bowl. I was looking forward for a chance to be in Arizona during the winter for a couple of days. Now, instead, there is a chance that I could work security at the Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl in Detroit. I am not quite as excited for that one but the getting paid for the entire trip is sill enticing. Detroit, however, is much closer than Phoenix/Glendale so it is not as lucrative that way either. I am not sure if I would even volunteer for that assignment.

I definitely have the holiday blues. There's a lot going on that I will not talk about here. At least not now. Never say never. I feel a lot like a combination of George Bailey and Gil Buckman.

While I blog I am watching Disney's Chimpanzee. I thought about seeing it when it was in the theater but nobody else wanted to see it and an old fart in a theater watching a kid's movie seems creepy. Cha Cha doesn't care for apes and chimpanzees are in my top five favorite animals so, we didn't see it. Over Thanksgiving weekend there was free a Cinemax, HBO, Showtime... weekend. Before we went out of town I scrolled through and set up recordings for shows that I thought looked good. Chimpanzee happened to be one of those movies. It will be several months before I am able to watch everything recorded. I just watch stuff as background noise for the most part. This film just follows a family of chimpanzees, especially a baby named Oscar through this life. So far, an excellent film. "Time to rest but the jungle never sleeps."
Proud to call her my friend 

The new episode of Dirty Laundry Podcast is up; I uploaded it this morning after I go off of work. I loved editing this show. There was not much editing actually; it was more just listening to Magda Brown talk about her living thorough the Holocaust as a Jew in a Concentration Camp and actually making a daring escape. What an amazing lady. And to think that there thousands of people living though this horror.

It is Saturday night (my Friday) and I need to get a few hours of sleep before I get ready for work. I am going to take a break here and finish writing this in the morning. It will seem timeless to you but when the creative gears are switched drastically, for better or worse, you will know why. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (hopefully)

Work is done and I slept for a whole six hours. Six all in one stretch is really good for me.

Today is the day that John Lennon was shot. Other than going to a game the final year of the old Yankee Stadium visiting The Dakota, where Lennon was shot, for some reason, is one of my most vivid memories of visiting New York City. Maybe seeing Strawberry Fields in Central Park, near The Dakota, added to that? It seems odd that Nelson Mandela and John Lennon died right around the same time of the year. They were very similar in a lot of ways. I hope I am worthy enough for the cosmos to decide that I should die around this time of year too. Not that I am in the same league as these two humanitarians but I like to believe that if I had their influence I would use it the same way that these two great men did.

Cha Cha and I went to IKEA a couple of weeks ago and I am still putting things together from that trip. Last week I put Cha Cha's chair and desk together and today I changed the lamp in her office. She works from home now unless there is a meeting she must attend so we are redoing her office. It's starting to look very nice. IKEA is a fun place to go. It's like the It's A Small World Afterall of shopping. IKEA has lots of great home and office things that you won't see anyplace else and the prices are good too. Gotta admire the Swedes. I do hate putting together their stuff sometimes though. The desk was pretty easy but the hanging lamp was kind of a pain. It's always kind of nerve-racking when dealing with electricity I suppose. I also put a shelf together and now have to go to one of the home improvement stores in town to get the stuff to hang it.

Winter seems to have hit the upper MIDDLE finally. The snow is beautiful right now. I will be sick of it by Tuesday when I have to spend the entire night walking in  it.

I have to get started editing the podcast we recorded over Thanksgiving in southern Illinois. In the meantime, make sure you listen to the one with Magda Brown. I cannot overstate how much she impressed me. Have a great rest of you weekend while I begin mine. I will let you know when the other new podcast is ready so listen to the newest new one in the meantime. Thanks a lot for being here all the time (the blog and the podcast). TTTT...MITM (snowed out) TA!




No comments:

Post a Comment