Tuesday, December 24, 2013

I Think I Scrooged Myself Over

The Scrooges are everywhere. I am not talking about the people who are not in the Christmas spirit; I am blogging about the people who are the ones putting the rest of us in these moods. The stores that are requiring their employees to work Thanksgiving day and now the same businesses that are open 24 hours on Christmas Eve. The ones that are screwing us out of everything we are willing to give so that our loved-ones can have a nice holiday season. They are preying on our kindness and using our own niceness against us. I work tonight and tomorrow night but those choices were my own. I figured it would be nice to work so that some of my coworkers could spend the time with their families. I did this even though only one of them would have done the same for me on Thanksgiving had it come to that. Now that I write that I wish I would have Scrooged them over.

We haven't recorded a podcast in a couple of weeks. I am not really sure when we will again; sometime this week I imagine. Cha Cha has been very busy with work and Splenda was up here this past weekend. We went to Pheasant Run for the weekend with my parents. We had a really nice time. I ate wayyyyy too much - whoever invented the dinner buffet and the breakfast buffet was a genius and a demon all at the same time. Buffets were probably invented by Jenny Craig or that Atkins dude or someone so they could start their weight-loss programs. So much for the diet that I started last week. I will have to be one of those resolution dieters I suppose.

While I write this I am watching Roots. I remember watching this when it was on television in 1977. I know there was no cable television then and HBO may have just started around this same time. We had four channels and they were all full of snow even in the summer. I just checked and Home Box Office started in 1972. Is that even possible? We must have been way behind in getting HBO (the first movie I ever watched on HBO was The Exorcist - wow I am old).  Roots was back when we thought O.J. Simpson was a great guy and it was cool that he was in this movie. This movie (mini-series is what we would call it now) was a really big deal. People were still pretty sensitive about a lot of what was shown and said in Roots back then. There are a lot of pretty popular people from the time in the movie: Mr. Brady, Mr. Grant, Mr. Cartwright, Sam the Snowman from Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer,Willis Drummond, Lily Munster, James Evans Sr., Helen Willis... Not to mention: Maya Angelou, George Hamilton, LeVar Burton, Louis Gossett Jr., Scatman Crothers, Ben Vereen, Vic Morrow... This show casting all of these celebrities must be what gave them the idea for The Love Boat. Coincidence that it began in 1977? Methinks not!

I have to get Fabio up to go do some last minute non-denominational gift shopping. I hope he has a good idea of what we are going for. LOL - Chicken George (Louis Gossett, Jr.) just told Kunta Kinte / Toby (LeVar Burton) that "Chistmas was when Jesus up and got hisself born and white folks give each other what none of em need nohow..." pretty funny right after I wrote what I wrote. Maybe somebody is trying to tell me something. Well played Alex Haley, well played.

Have a nice Christmas Eve and a good Christmas day. I probably won't blog tomorrow because most of you will be with family and won't have time to read anyway. I guess if the mood arises I will blog but, we'll see. TTT probably after Christmas....MITM (hypocritically holiday shopping) Out. Fa La La La La La La TA TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment