Friday, December 27, 2013

Loonie Toonie but, not like you think!

Tonight is my Thursday. Surprisingly, as slow as we are, this work week is going pretty quickly. We have been operating on a skeleton crew; I have been one of the skeletons. I was a skeleton by volunteering. There are many people below me on seniority these days and I could have had about 14 days in a row off with pay had I chosen to go that route but, I decided to work so others didn't have to work over the holidays. I will work New Year's Eve and New Year's Day too. As much as I bitch about the commercialization of everything this time of year it would be too much of a hypocrite for even me if I thought I should have these days off. I think I have just become a crotchety old man when it comes to some things. Next year, however, I think I will take this entire two weeks off. It sounds like we are going to go on one of those all-inclusive vacations and escape the weather and the Black Fridays and the after-Christmas sales... and give our money to a greedy resort that has nicer weather. It sounds like we are leaning toward Mexico somewhere. Maybe Europe - do they have all-inclusive resorts there? So, I guess I will be responsible for people working instead of me here and for people working for me there. Do you suppose they spit in your food and drinks for messing up their Christmas? Maybe they just do that because we are Americans. That's why whenever I am in another country I say I am Canadian; nobody hates the Canadians. I have a nice collection of foreign money so I will be sure to take some Loonies and Toonies with me. I love that their money is named after Bugs Bunny cartoons (or visa versa).

I decided to finally join the new age and get a mobile phone (I almost called it a cellphone but, I am not sure if that is even a term anymore - getting back to the old man that I am) that was really a mobile communications hub . I got a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It makes sense that I would finally get out of the stone age; I write this blog, I do a podcast and I went to school to study every form of communication known to mankind yet, I was way behind most everybody else in communications. Now I can blog and post right from my phone without being in a WiFi hot spot. I know you have probably been able to do that for quite some time but, I wanted to make sure all of these things weren't just fads before I climbed aboard. Now I can watch Netflix anywhere and listen to Pandora no MATTer what I am doing.I can also play Texas Holdem if I am stuck in an airport or a doctor's office while I wait. I may even take-up Words With Friends again now that I can do it more readily rather than get home and find that I had to catch up on 100 games. I am not sure if I want to do that though. That makes me think - I wish Deadwood would come onto Netflix; I loved that series and could watch it over-and-over forever.
I may call this the best television series of all time (even over Breaking Bad)
We have to record a new Dirty Laundry Podcast here pretty soon. It's tough to keep up our  usual routines this time of year isn't it? Is "usual routines" redundant? I think it may be. I just looked and we are still getting listens and downloads and embeds and such from the show every day so, I feel we owe it to people to get our asses in gear and do another show. Cha Cha works pretty much night and day and, when she is not working, I am either working or sleeping. She works from home now which is nice but, she works more now than she did when she worked in the office. I guess we save money by here not having to drive into the office very often now though. We will record a new show and have it up by Tuesday though.

I think I broke my pinky at work last week. Or maybe I broke my pinkie (not sure which is correct spelling). I am sot sure what is correct. I didn't say anything  because I what in the heck can be done anyway? What is it with me and philanges at work? I got my big toe chopped off at work when I was seventeen and now this. I didn't look to get anything from the toe way back then and I am not looking for anything now for the baby finger. I slipped on ice and while trying to catch myself from falling I jammed it into a building wall. The ice should not have been there and I suppose I some would try to capitalize on this sort of thing. I am not that type of person. I will just have a swollen pinkie that will hurt like hell for awhile every time I bump it. I can't tape it to the one next to it because it's cold as balls out and then I wouldn't be able to wear my gloves. Mittens would not be practical so, I will just wince every now and again.

I suppose in the next week or so we will be inundated with those stupid lists we get at the end of each year. Top ten films and books and television shows and, what famous people died and the biggest news stories of the year... I think when it's all over I will do the Top Ten Year End Lists. I may actually do that for the podcast.


Can I just say that I believe I am the only person in the world who doesn't care for Kristen Wiig. I am speaking about her acting; not talking about her personally. She is probably a very nice person. I liked Bridesmaids and there are a few characters that she has done that have made me laugh but, overall, she is pretty untalented as far as I am concerned.

Have a great day. Now that I can blog off-and-on I am more likely to blog again tomorrow - adding things throughout the day and night. Thanks a lot for hanging-in there with me both here and with the podcast. You are definitely on my Top Ten List! TTTT (almost certainly)...MITM (out). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment