Saturday, December 28, 2013

No Left On Red?

I guess it is optional but, this makes you a jerk!
While I was driving last night, making a legal right turn on red after a complete stop as is allowed in the state of Illinois, I started thinking about the Royal Empire. They drive on the left, or port, side of the road where as we Americans drive on the starboard (right) side of the road. Firstly, I thought to myself, "self, why did our people decide to drive on the opposite side of the road?" I guess since the automobile was invented here we probably made that decision first didn't we? Or did they drive their buggies and carriages on the left side of the road? Anyway, I also wondered, "selfie, do they get to make left turns on red after a complete stop?" Also, it is not consistent, as far as I know, in all states of the U. S. and A.. I just checked and it IS legal in all the states except in New York City (figures). I think I turned right on red several times in New York City when I was there (allegedly). Oops - maybe the statue of liberty statute of limitations has run out by now? I wish my mind would just shut-up sometimes.

Today is my Friday so, I work tonight and then have two days of before working the next holidays (New Year's Eve and New Year's Day). The last four days have been skeleton crews but, tonight will be a full crew because this is not considered part of our holiday pay. We will still be slow but, it will seem even slower because there will be more of us. I liked the pace last night. The time flew by because of the extra load we have to pull to cover for the people who are not working. Tonight will drag-on but, weekend comes after that for me and then, when I return on Tuesday we will be on the skeleton crew again until after the New Year. I may have just bad a big mistake. I just had a big bowl of chili. I think I have a ride-along with me tonight and they may have to suffer from my potential blunder.
We definitely are recording the new Dirty Laundry Podcast tomorrow. I hope we remember how to do it. We still got more downloads and visits and embeds and other things that people do with podcasts yesterday. That won't last forever so, unless we want to become yesterday's news, we had better get on it. People have to think they cannot live without us when, in turn, the show cannot live without them/you.

I have to get some winks before work. Have a nice night. I don't know if I will blog tomorrow but, be ready just in case. Thanks for you know what and you know what. MITM adios!


No comments:

Post a Comment