Sunday, September 1, 2013

With Blog Comes Wisdom

And, with blogging and podcasting I've been told
It has been said that "with age comes wisdom." I always thought I understood that but now that I have more "age" I think I understand it even better. Now that I am older I realize that my wisdom comes from the knowledge that I don't really know as much as I thought I did before I gained more age. Do you suppose that is what is meant by this conundrum?

It is Labor Day weekend again. I found out that this is, in fact, one of the holidays that we get paid pretty much double time if we work. If we don't work I guess we get paid double time, in a way, in that we get a day off and also get paid for the holiday. Since I work at night I really get Labor DAY off already so I chose to work and get paid for working AND get paid for the holiday. I will probably take the "pay" as "comp time" which means that I get the hours in my "bank" to use as vacation hours later. Now, starting with our new pay period on September 16th, I will get Sundays and Mondays off rather than the highly coveted Tuesdays and Wednesdays that I now have (that last part was a lie - they aren't highly coveted). I already took Saturday, September 14th off and then I work the 15th because, even though that it's a Sunday it isn't in the new pay period. Nobody told me there would be math. Maybe I will us my comp day Sunday the 15th to get a three day weekend that week instead of two one day weekends with one day in between? Maybe I will just have two one day weekends and save the hours? Maybe I will just go out and party like a blog/pod star and be too sick to work on Sunday? I don't pretend sick so if that really happens it is a coincidence and not a play devise here right now.

There's a tornado on the ground southeast of us right now. I love storms though I am not a huge fan of tornadoes. I do like the Twister "ride" at Universal Studios Orlando though.

I am not sure why I decided to blog today because I am out of things to say. I suppose I should mention that there are two fairly new Loads of Dirty Laundry Podcast up if you haven't heard them yet. We got a huge influx of downloads in Australia again this week. We may have to take a promotional tour there one of these days. I'd love to go down under (TWSS). We should make Dirty Laundry Podcast into a legitimate business so we could start writing stiff like trips to Australia off.

Have a great Labor Day. Hopefully you have the day off unlike some of we losers. I may blog tomorrow but, then again, I may not. I will let you know if I do. Breaking Bad starts in 18 minutes. Thanks for stopping by and be careful with the fireworks tomorrow. Nevermind, wrong holiday. TTT???.....MITM (laboring out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment