Monday, September 16, 2013

Come Whine With Me!

I have had a pretty good weekend. It worked out well that my days-off (my weekend) switched to the two days after I had a vacation day (Saturday). So, today is my Sunday now and I go back to work tomorrow. I got together with a bunch of friends Saturday night (the reason that I used my vacation day). It was great to see all of them. Many I had not seen in quite awhile and many I see more regularly; it was wonderful to see ALL OF THEM.

Last night I took Cha Cha to Chicago. She is at a conference at McCormick Place and she's staying at the Hyatt Regency right at McCormick Place; very nice hotel. We had dinner and then watched Breaking Bad in very comfy beds (we are old so we were both lying in separate beds) and then I drove home in the rain. I would have spent the night but I love driving home in the rain at night in Chicago. Not really, but I did anyway. I had to make sure Fabio got off to school and I had to take Jeff to South Elgin to the veterinarian; he's going regularly to get all of his puppy shots and vaccinations... He's doing really well but he feels like he has to "do his business" in the house. Luckily, we have all wood/vinyl flooring on the main level of the house but it's still a pain in the buttocks. So, after he went to the bathroom on the floor I put him outside and cleaned it up. He doesn't seem to get it yet. It's like he can be out there for hours and he holds it to mark his territory in the house. He will get it - AS DOG IS MY WITNESS HE WILL GET IT!

I will finish this in a bit - Fabio and I a are going to Buffalo Wild Wings - Cha Cha hates that place so every time she's gone we eat there. MMMMMM Buffalitos! It may be crowded with Monday Night Football tonight but who cares? Did I mention Buffalitos?

Okay, we've been home for awhile now but Fabio was outside shooting baskets and I decided to go be rebounder. It won't be that long before basketball try-outs and he's determined to make the team this year. He's a Junior this year so it's Varsity time. He's about 6'4" and he has a really good outside shot so I don't think there is much problem. He and his buddy Adam are starting to workout three days a week at the YMCA (young men...). It sounds like they are short on height so that is certainly in his favor and he is quick and a good ball handler... I try not to think like a father but some of that may come through by accident.

Jeff is turning into a horndog. Is that normal at his age? He was only born in May. He gets the snip-snip in about four-five weeks so enjoy it now Jeff - unless I catch you than you get sprayed!

I got Dirty Laundry Podcast uploaded today. This next show we will begin recording on Sundays. It may make it easier for people to be on the show rather than on Tuesday or Wednesday night. We will have to try to fit it in this week because we are going to a wine festival down near Starved Rock (Vintage Illinois). We went last year and we had a good time. We went with MADYM and we are going again with her this year. Let me know if you're gonna be down there and we will hook-up. I predict an extensive Cha Cha's Wining (or is it Cha Cha's Whining?) within the next week or so. Maybe we will even record portions of the show live from down there. I guess it would actually "recorded live for podcast" but it's our show and we can call it whatever we want LOL.

I am spent. It's been a long day and I am much older now. New decades make for new excuses. Thank a lot for stopping by. I go back to work tomorrow but I should still be able to blog maybe tomorrow. If you haven't even listened to the podcast you are really ripping yourself off. You owe yourself to be entertained for free don't you? I hope you have a great rest of whatever time it is when you read this. TTTT...MITM (zzzzzzzzzz on the horizon) TA! Come drink wine with us Sunday ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment