Monday, September 2, 2013

Welcome to the Family Jeff!

I think it is weird that we honor the national labor movement (Labor Day) by taking the day off of work. That is why I refuse to participate in the shenanigans; I am going to work tonight. I will, however, accept the extra pay I get for working on Labor Day. Actually, as part of my refusal, I will take the comp hours. That's the way to truly honor the social and economic achievements of America. Why are none of these "holidays" celebrated on weekends? There are people who work weekend days that would like some of them off once in awhile too you know.
No thanks, I'll take the comp time!

I guess Cha Cha and Fabio are going to Geneva to pet dogs. I am not really sure what that is code for but I am thinking that maybe I should go with to monitor these activities. It seems like we are going to be getting a dog soon, huh? Why would you test drive a car if you weren't in the market to buy a car? Substitute the word "pet" for "test drive" and "dog" for "car" twice and I think it will all become crystal clear what is going on here. The real reason I am going to go is that there was mention of lunch there too. I could go for a salad somewhere. 

I will probably break here at 12:29 to get ready and will advise (probably in the next paragraph) when I have resumed blogging. This will give you time to get some Benadryl if you are allergic to dogs. It may be later today or it may be tomorrow which, if I am blogging tomorrow, will actually be today. So, I guess it will be today no MATTer when I resume my blogcast day. Whoa... if I DO decide to read the blog in podcast form I can call it a blogcast. That seems way too clever not to already exist but just in case - patent pending, trademark, copyright. 

We're back. It's a boy! We have a new member of the Helser household. He weighs 17.6 pounds and his name is Jeff. Though Maisy will never be able to be replaced Jeff will fill a void that she left. Jeff is a Boarder Collie that looks more like a German Shepard than a collie but photos on the interweb show that he looks like a Boarder Collie. It's weird. Maisy sounded like a tap-dancing mouse when she walked around the house and Jeff sound like a Shetland Pony. He's gonna be a great addition to the family. He is adjusting well and seems to like his new home. He came from Petland in Geneva so, of course, he will adjust well; our house is quite a bit larger than the cubicle he had previously lived-in. Welcome to the family Jeff Swanson. I just got "Jeff" approved after hours of work and it will probably take much longer to get "Swanson" passed. The thing that finally got the name "Jeff" approved was when Splenda texted Fabio saying, "I like Jeff and you just got a dog...call him Jeff" or something of that nature. Thanks Splenda! 
A Boy and his Jeff!

It is 19:01 now and I have to be in at 22:00. I would normally take a "nap" now but this is my Friday so I will be able to tough it out and struggle through until 06:00 tomorrow. Fabio and Jeff are lying on the floor watching X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Jeff has never seen television before and it was funny when we turned it on. He did one of those cartoon or old-time movie double-takes. They just went outside to go for a walk.

I am gonna sign-off cause I think I will chillax before heading in for my double-time (in a sense). Have a great night. Tomorrow is Tuesday for you already. Thanks for stopping by and reading the blog. I also appreciate you listening to the podcast and liking both on The Facebook. I should be able to blog again tomorrow; maybe Jeff is a literary genius and he can help. Better yet - a new intern for Dirty Laundry Podcast. TTTT...MITM Laboring out. TA!

He just took his first dump in the house. I am so glad that we have no carpeting on this level of the house. Jeff will not be welcomed to the second story carpeting. Man, bigger dogs have smelly poop. TA #2 (pun intended)

No comments:

Post a Comment