Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I DO Have a Favorite Chickpea!

Without question my favorite chick Pea
We had Mediterranean food for dinner tonight. I am sure we will talk about it in detail when we record Dirty Laundry Podcast tomorrow night so I will not talk about it much more here. Did you know that chickpeas are really the same thing as garbonzo beans? They grow in pods like peas which is why the "pea" part of is there but where does the "chick" part of the word come from? Maybe back in the day the chicks did all of the cooking and such so maybe that is why they are called chickpeas? Fergie is easily my favorite chick pea.

Jeff has sure become comfortable here. I had to apologize to him as I said he was a Boarder Collie when he is actually a Border Collie. He seems like a Boarder Collie to me since he lives here now. I think he is actually upset because he is too smart. I have read-up on the breed and they are almost always listed as the most intelligent of all breeds of dogs. I have always liked the phrase "dumb dog" but I suppose I cannot use that on Jeff. He is really smart. I wish I had known that they were a Scottish breed because we probably would have named him Wally then (because of William Wallace). We all just got back from a family walk. We still miss Maisy but Jeff is keeping our minds occupied elsewhere most of the time. Today we got his dog tag. We got him a dog tag that actually looks like a dog tag - seemed logical. On the side that faces out it just says "Jeff." On the back, of course, it has our name, address and phone number.
William Wallace doesn't look like Mel!

I's 21:27 already. I am pretty tired and my go to bed soon. I like the nights when I can go to bed at a sort of real time. Tomorrow I have to take Jeff for his physical. We have to get him to the doctor for his first check-up withing four days of purchase or our warranty is void. It seems weird to have a warranty on a living being. Makes me think of the movie Roots. Even if he comes back to have a terminal illness or something he is a member of the family now and we'll deal with whatever comes along so it's sort of just a waste of time really.

I am going to bed. This seemed to be a great idea when I started but I kept getting side-tracked and now it's 22:37 and I can barely keep my eyes open. Have a great night and thanks a lot for stopping by. I may blog tomorrow but with the hopes of the veterinarian and recording the podcast I am not 100%. I promise I will try. TTTT (84%) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment