Friday, September 13, 2013

Birthday Clause

I love that the place where I work-out has WiFi. I have been listening to Pandora while I work-out and the top three "stations" for me are: Pink, AC/DC and The Black Eyed Peas. There are others that are good too but, for me, I have found these to be the top ones. Van Halen is pretty good too.

I got an early birthday present last night / early this morning. My days-off switch at work takes full effect tomorrow. I get both Sunday and Monday off starting this Sunday. I work tonight and then , including the vacation day I am using for tomorrow night, I get three days off and don't have to be back at work until Tuesday night. Yes, Virginia there is a Birthday Claus! Or is that clause?

Another fun thing is that the dryer repair dude is here right now replacing the drum that wasn't supposed to be here until next week - all of this on Friday the 13th. 13 has always been my favorite number. I always chose it when available while playing any sport. Let's see how lucky I really am when he gets done and I cut the $350 check. Will the Birthday Fairy intercede and knock the price down a bit? I should get 50 wishes right? I am happy he is here early so I can get some sleep. I don't think I have slept since I got home from work. I want to start editing Dirty Laundry Podcast but now that I have Sunday off I have some extra time to make sure to have it up for Monday. I wonder if we will begin recording on Sundays this week - probably.

No such luck - The cost of the dryer repair was $352.80. At least there wasn't the old, "it ended up costing a little more than we thought..." business. I always hate that argument. The dryer is quieter than it has been in a long time.
I wish I lived closer to St. Louis. Only for one reason really which is why I don't live closer. I have an opportunity to buy play-off tickets for the Cardinals' Wild Card and/or National League Championship Series tickets. I will wait and buy some World Series tickets and then maybe use some of the 300 sick hours that I have accumulated for being so healthy. I wish I could sell some of those hours to the people who seem to be "sick" all of the time at work. It would be easier to think about buying tickets if I lived closer to the Gateway to the West. Fabio and I went to the 2006 World Series when he was nine-years-old and it was a lot of fun. Good old-fashioned father-son fun (the "old" part refers to me). Thankfully, Fabio is smart enough to like the Cardinals too. Brain-washing I guess. We may have seen one of the last World Series Albert Pujols will ever be in; he was also in the Series in 2011 with the Cardinals.

I want to try to get a work-out in today. I am getting addicted to working-out again. I am happy about that. It helps quite a few things. Sleep needs to get in there someplace too so the blog may have to come to an end for today. Nap is calling and then maybe a work-out this afternoon before my Friday on a Friday. What? A real Friday attached to a three-day weekend? It must be Friday the 13th!!!! I may get over to the Halloween store today (or tomorrow) too because I may try to resemble an old man (quite a stretch I know) for the party in my honor tomorrow night. I bet the Halloween stores have a lot of stuff right now since it is still a bit early for costume shopping even though it feels like Fall outside today - I love it. I will get some photos if that happens
Me getting ready for make-up to look old. A good pallet huh?

Thanks for being here. I am unsure whether I will blog tomorrow or not. I will try to write at least once over my three day weekend. Remember to embrace Friday the 13th. I think Yam Kapor begins at sundown tonight too. What a busy weekend - happy I can chillax and enjoy some of it. I hope you can too. Have a great whatever you celebrate. If you're really, really bored tomorrow I will be at Fatty's with my security detail so don't get any cheeky ideas because they will bring you down to Chinatown (in a carryout box). TTT sometime within the next three days...MITM (out). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment