Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I Call B.S.!!!!

Today I really wish I lived in the St. Louis area. I wake up from what you'd call a nap - I call it a Kaiser Blade my nightly (daily) sleep - and MY St. Louis Cardinals are playing a day game. Perfect weather and a day game. Thankfully, it's being televised but I'd rather be sitting in the stands. AND, to make it better, the Cubs are beating the Pirates 1-0. Oh, scratch that, the Pirates just tied the game. Who the Helser walks in the tying run - Da Cubs! GO CUBS! (I won't say that very often). As long as the Cardinals continue to stay ahead of the Nationals it doesn't MATTer much what the Pirates do but a win with their loss will make it easier for post season. That Matt Adams home run right now helps too. I am going to get to a post-season game this year. It's been a few years since I have gone to a play-off or World Series game and I am gonna die sooner than later so I had better do it again sooner than sooner gets here. The Reds are losing 1 - 0 too. I don't like rooting against people - it's just easier for the Cards to win; I'd rather be positive than negative.

That positive/negative thing just made me think about something to talk about on this coming week's podcast. I just did a virtual Post-It note so I wouldn't forget. Speaking of that, the new load of Dirty Laundry Podcast was uploaded yesterday. I hope you listen and enjoy it. It is also available free on iTunes!

I am going to get some more sleep before work tonight because after I get off tomorrow morning I have to go to that all-day Union training meeting. Why in the Hell did I ever run for office? It seemed like a great idea at the time when we were trying to topple the previous administration. I have never been that much of a pro-Union kinda guy. I realize their importance in history and I understand that, without them, many more people in this country would get screwed because there are a lot of douche bags in this world/country;  it's a Catch 22.  So, I will serve for awhile and then step down and let some of these youngsters take over. I ain't no Jimmy Hoffa or Norma Rae. Based on the Union we are members of and that it IS a Union meeting I bet there will be doughnuts (or donuts). I have a hard time saying no to an apple fritter (I know that is hard to Imagine with my Ferrigno physique). That capitalized and italicized Imagine is my attempt at foreshadowing (you are smart enough to figure it out).

What's the deal with "poking" on Facebook? I have a list of people who I poke/get poked by/with. A few seem like they are for a reason and some just are "I am thinking about you" or "hello" pokes. One of my very good friends and I "poke" each other to let the other know that it's their turn on Words with Friends. At least that seems to be what our pokes are about. It doesn't take any effort and I am neither bothered by or excited by pokes - I am just curious. I am bothered by what I just saw on the poke page, however. Now they are suggesting people I should poke. What does Facebook get out of me poking you or versa visa? Is it just to increase our dependence on Facebook so they can sell more advertising? I know it's about money and, for now, that's where they get our money (advertising). They will charge for Facebook one day I am convinced.

The Reds lost. The Cardinals won. The Cubs could still beat the Pirates. Cubs are now leading 4-1. Even if it's only two for three the important one happened - CARDS WIN, CARDS WIN! Or, as Jack Buck would have said, "That's a Cardinal Winner!"

I am gonna break off here now. I am fairly certain that there will be no blog tomorrow. I may take my laptop with me though, now that I think of it, because they will probably have WiFi and if I am bored I may blog, who knows? It's at a hotel in Bolingbrook so I am sure they will have WiFi.

One more thing since a commercial came on while I am watching the Cubs' game (yes, I watch some Cubs' games). That new race car movie Rush is opening soon. They are calling it "Ron Howard's best movie". B.S.!!!! It's a race car movie. Cinderella Man, The Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Apollo 13, Far and Away, Parenthood, Splash, Cocoon, Willow, Nightshift, A Beautiful Mind... and this is his best film? Bull Loney! I don't blame Opey - I blame the lying Hollywood media hype. LIARS!

TTT I Blog ya! Have a great day/night and tomorrow and for being here. Thanks a lot for stopping in TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment