Monday, September 23, 2013

Money Monday!

Happy Monday. I Do like Mondays, tell me why... (If you don't know of that to which I refer search "Boomtown Rats" on you computing device).

Today started out pretty well. I went to the store, as I do many Monday mornings, and I found some cash lying at the entrance of the store. There was nobody around and, other than the three or four employees in the store this early, I was The Omega Man. It's always great to find cash and first thing on your Monday morning? WOW! There was a receipt lying with the money and the person who lost the cash had paid with cash, which made cents or sense since the cash on the ground was probably change for their purchase even though it was all bills and no change. Why is metal money called change and it's also called change if you get paper money back from a purchase? Our language must be so confusing for people learning it. Anyway, what do you do when you find cash? I think it's different in different circumstances. Find money in the forest or on the street I'd say you keep it - you're never gonna find who that money belongs to. I did what most stupid people like me do. I took the money, along with the receipt, to the Service Desk and gave it to the lady working there. Maybe someone will come back for the money. Maybe they will watch the security tape based on the time stamp on the receipt and it will be a regular customer and they will give it to them the next time they come into the store. Maybe someone who works at the store will pocket it. Maybe someone will think, "hey, found money is lucky money" and they will buy a Powerball ticket and win $600,000,000. It was money that helped me write today's blog - money well not spent. Smile on me karma ;)

Yesterday was my second Sunday off under my new work schedule. So far I am loving having a  real weekend day off. With the beginning of the new NFL season coinciding with my new-found Sundays off you'd think that I would have watched a lot of football. I have not seen more that three of four plays of any football game other than most of the Northern Illinois University game that was on television in the bar the night of my birthday bash. I like to watch football a great deal but I like my friends and family A LOT more.

Yesterday Cha Cha and I went to down to Matthiesson State Park in Utica, Illinois for the Vintage Illinois wine festival. We met MADYM and her friend Bill there. We had a really good time. The weather was perfect and the company was even better. We sampled a lot of wine and watched a lot of people and listened to live music and just had a great time. I am sure you will hear about it on Cha Cha's Wining. I don't know if it was the wine or what but Cha Cha and I think we have come up with what may be our next phase of Dirty Laundry Podcast. It seems exciting. And, speaking of Dirty Laundry Podcast, we have not recorded this week's show yet. We will probably record it tonight and I will have to edit it almost immediately because this is a crazy week. Why did I ever volunteer to be Vice President of the local chapter of my Union at work? I am thinking it will be short-lived (by my choice) but a change in our previous situation needed to be made so... get involved or shut-up and I have a hard time shutting-up when something is amiss.

I have to get some laundry done and mow the lawn. I am so amazing that I can do there things simultaneously - thank you technology! I have lots more to do too but these are the priorities at the moment. Maybe I should have kept that cash and hired someone to do all of my todos for me. Maybe karma will help me there huh? Have a great day and thanks for stopping by. I will let you know when the podcast finally gets recorded and is up. I am not sure if we will talk about out new podcast idea but you will be among the first to know when we are ready to reveal our news. TTTT (most likely)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment