Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Time Is On The Blog. Yes, It Is!

The one in The MIDDLE looks like our new dog, Jeff
Time sure does get away from us doesn't it? Tomorrow is Thursday already; my Wednesday now. After I get off work tomorrow morning I get to fight rush-hour traffic and go pick Cha Cha up in Chicago. I hope I can manage to get enough sleep tonight so it will go painlessly. She could take the train but what else could I be going? Sleeping? Thursdays are apparently going to be pains for me for awhile. Next Thursday, right after I get off work, I have to go to Darien to Union training. I am Vice President of our local M.A.P. Union (414 - REPRESENT!) chapter and they are having an all-day training. So, next week I get to get off and go sit until 16:00 and then fight rush-hour traffic coming back out West and come home and try to get a few winks before heading back into work at 22:00. Why in the Helser did I even volunteer to be a Union officer? The thrill of the race? When things aren't going the way you feel they should you need to either get involved or shut-up. If you know me well enough you know that when I don't like something I have a problem shutting-up. Truth be told I am not even that big of a fan of Unions. They do serve their purposes (especially in history in America) but they have also made quite a few people lazy in my opinion. The whole Seniority deal is ridiculous - whatever happened to job performance, knowledge and attitude? But, then I think about the fast food employees barely make a living-wage and I like Unions. It's a necessary paradox I suppose.

While discussing time getting away from me I thought how it seems forever since I launched a new episode of Dirty Laundry Podcast but the realized the new load was added only two days ago. 204 people have listened since then - why am I so obsessed with the numbers? I think I create my own street but, don't we all?
The creator of Beanie Babies (H. Ty Warner) has been charged with felony tax evasion. I never knew what TY, Inc. stood for. He has to pay more that $53,000,000. Imagine what that dude must have made when that whole craze was going on if that is is bill for tax evasion. He had $3.1 Million in a secret Swiss bank account from foreign sales. Not too secret I guess. Do you know how many army knives that could have bought? We were caught-up in that stupid thing. I remember sitting in line at McDonald's for hours (not all at the same time) to get the new Beanie Baby of the week. I think we still have some of them in the garage still sealed in their plastic bags. It seems so easy to get rich in this country yet not many of us are. I like to believe that it's because most of us, you and me for sure, don't want to take advantage of people to get rich. I don't want to be rich I just want people to kiss my butt and do everything for me all the time. And, I don't want to stress about money - not rich, just cash-full.

I have got to go over and get some bird seed. I was supposed to get it a couple of days ago but I forgot. If I get it today Cha Cha will not know that I didn't get it already. Happily, she does not read the blog. She does listen to the podcast though. Maybe she does read the blog and she is letting these little mia culpas go and waiting for a biggie? I like to believe that I am smart enough not to write about the big ones - like my secret Swiss bank account. I hear thunder outside so I better get to the store since Judge Judy got bumped for Queen Latifah.  So, tomorrow will be rush hour drive in the rain?  Even funner. I like Queen Latifah but wish she could have bumped Dr. Phil instead. Have a great night - stay dry. TTTT (perhaps) ...It's always a surprise! Thanks, as always, for being here and listening to the show. TA!


No comments:

Post a Comment