Friday, September 20, 2013

The Mystery Winged Blog!

This is the mystery country - I am impressed if you now know
Today is Thursday already. Last week at this time it was only Tuesday I know, it's your Friday....bragger. Who will be laughing on my Sunday when you're going back to work?

We got a new country listening to Dirty Laundry Podcast. It's a country that I have never ever ever heard of and I love counties. I even married a country girl. Oh, I just looked it up and I actually work with somebody from this country. Apparently, the name of the country is different from what we call it. I am not going to tell you what it is because then I would have one less thing to talk about on the show. Plus, I need to be a better tease to get people to listen to the best podcast I have ever been a part of.

Last night (actually, like 03:00 this morning in your world) I saw something really cool; at least I though it was pretty cool. I was outside near a building that looks like a castle. I am not talking like / resembling a castle I am talking like it IS a castle that has another purpose now. It looks EXACTLY like most castles that you are picturing in your head right now. Okay, there is no moat nor drawbridge but every other part of that castle that is still in your head (now without a drawbridge or a moat) is there. There were dark rain clouds above the castle and all of a sudden a very large winged creature took off from atop the castle and started heading my way. Was it a hawk? No. Was it a falcon? No. Was it an eagle? No. Was it a pterodactyl? No, they don't exist anymore. As it got above me I realized what it was. What winged thing (other than a gargoyle because, that would easily be the coolest thing flying off a castle - especially since this castle has dozens and dozens of gargoyles surrounding the top as well as many near the ground. Or a bat or a vampire those would be cool too) would be one in a castle? Think Hogwarts! HUGE HINT - it was flying and making a sound like "who who... who who". Yes, it was an owl and it was whoing while flying right over my head. Better whoing that pooing. I think owls are pretty cool. It's ironic that on last week's podcast I talked about a new animal that I saw at work and then this happens. I have heard many owls at work but this is the first one that I saw flying from a castle above me.

OMG - Little House on the Prairie is on. Am I lucky or what? I may have to flip back and forth between this and Pretty Woman. I would usually be thinking about sleeping before going to work but since I was really sleepy yesterday with going to Chicago right after work and then working all night I slept pretty good today (about seven hours which is a lot for me). Maybe that is the key; if I sleep every other day I will sleep well and hour-wise it will probably equal the same amount of time. Driving into Chicago yesterday took about 3 1/2 hours (rush hour) yet driving home, the EXACT same route, took only about an hour (72 miles each way).

I have a few things to get done before getting ready for work I don't know if I will be able to blog tomorrow and Sunday we are heading to a wine festival down by Starved Rock and will record the show so I probably won't blog again until Monday. Let me know if you are gonna be at the wine festival and we will have to drink together. I imagine it would be quite a thrill for you to have wine with Cha Cha - host and creator of Cha Cha's Wining (or whining). If you need/want info about the wine thingy let me know and I will pass it along.

Thanks a lot for stopping by and for listening to the show - it tickles me pink (whatever that means). TTTMonday unless I see you Sunday... MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment