Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Dog's Life of Dinner and Laundry

This is even more convoluted as I thought
I am pretty sure Jeff is very comfortable here now. What is four months in dog-years to human years? I am pretty sure he is like a toddler somewhere around the terrible twos now. Maybe he is early teenage? By that table over there -----> he may be seven or eight. Nobody told me that there would be math in owning a dog. I really miss Maisy.

Last night was my last Monday night working (for now because who in the Helser knows what could happen?). My nights off change starting Monday because that is the start of our new pay period. So, I will now have Sundays and Mondays as my Saturdays and Sundays; I'm getting closer to normal even though the night thing will probably never change. That means I work this week Thursday and Friday, I am taking Saturday off because there is a surprise party in my honor that I read about on The Facebook, then I work my last Sunday and have Monday off and then work Tuesday through Saturday and get on my new pseudo-normal schedule. It's cool to have Sundays and Mondays off during football season.

I am listening to one of the most entertaining, smart and funny podcasts that I have ever heard. Some chick named Chi Chi and a dude named The Masturbator or something. It's really good but they need to work on those names - their parents must have hated them. It's free on iTunes and at http://dirtylaundry1.podomatic.com/.     

I just talked to the fine people at Samsung and even though our dryer has something that a guy who has worked on dryers for decades has never seen (a dryer's drum that is seared - yes, the METAL drum is shredded in the back) it is not covered under any warranty because we have had the dryer for over a year. We aren't knights of the round table; we aren't drying chain-mail in the dryer. It's mostly cotton and maybe some polyester and rayon and any of those primary fabrics we all wear and sleep on. How in the hell does the drum get shredded? All those loads of Dirty Laundry Podcast I guess. Who gets a Samsung dryer anyway- moron? Did it come with headphones? So, now the new drum and belt and labor are going to be about $350.. The drum should be in next week. In the meantime, I am washing all of the dirty laundry (no link this time) here and I am going to go the Laundry Matt (maybe that should be my podcast moniker?) later to dry the clothes. I told Cha Cha of this plan and she said she wants to go with me. Who knew that we both like laundroMATTs? Maybe we should just save the $350 and pay in quarters on a need-to-use basis. Sounds good until winter.Date nights get even more exciting when you are married for a long time huh? I am thinking maybe we will go to Double Bubble and go over to Lukolo's for a salad. Double Bubble is open 24-7 and Lukolo's is open until like 4AM and they do have good salads.

I have to wrap-up. When Fabio gets home we are going to the bank. He wants to get a debit card because carrying cash is so inconvenient. He has a savings account but he will probably need to have a checking account to get a debit card. Since he is 16 I think I will have to be on the account I am supposing.

Have a great rest of your day and night. Thanks for stopping in. If you're over by Double Bubble later come find us. There is Huskie's Pizza and Jimmy John's there too. Or, if we are thirsty - Rosy's Roadhouse. I will check-in on The Facebook - it's like the new LoMatt (Lojack).What a great laundry date night this might be? Maybe one of these weeks we should record the podcast from an actual laundromat. TTTT...MITM (out to start a new load). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment