Friday, August 30, 2013

Kinda Corny (you'll see that's corny too when you read the blog)

I got home from work and then Cha Cha and I went to workout and now I am gonna blog before I sleep. I walked last night for seven hours straight, My feet hurt a little. So, since I walked last night I did five miles on the bike and then I worked arms today. Tomorrow morning I will work legs again. As most of you know my work week is Thursday through Monday. Beginning September 16th my days off will be Sunday and Monday. That's good going into football season. I will be one day away from being a real boy. Tuesday - Saturday is really close to Monday - Friday. This is probably as close as I will get to a real work week for a looooooong time. It still won't be daytime hours but that will never happen at my current job. I am just happy to have one real weekend day off. Now, if I want to have a long weekend, I could take Friday and Saturday off and actually have a real four day weekend.

I think Monday is a holiday but I don't think it's one that we get paid for. What is it Labor Day or something? I bet Jerry Lewis knows. I am pretty sure that is the one though.

I didn't think I would miss Maisy as much as I do. I really took for granted all of the things that she did. Hanging clothes out on the line yesterday she would have been there. She was always trying to figure out what I was doing. I still catch myself thinking about calling her name to go outside. She loved the sunshine and it's been sunny almost every day since she died. Twelve to Thirteen years of habits are hard to break. It's gonna take a lot longer I am afraid. Maybe I should fire the EVP up but dogs don't know how to talk so I wonder if ghost dogs could communicate from beyond if they were ghosts. It would be weird if it say "arf" or "bark" or something.
Pop, Cob and Candy

Looking back at the blog I see that I use the word I a lot. Probably because the blog is about me Matt guesses. Maybe Matt should start referring to himself in the third person.

Corn Fest is going on in my town right now. I know, things don't get any better in life. Free corn downtown tomorrow from 11 - 2. Thanks Delmonte! I get off work at 06:00 so if I sleep for four hours I can still get down there for some free corn. Corn always seems to taste better when you don't have to shuck it and cook it for some reason. That's true with just about anything in life it seems. Corn Fest is back downtown this year. It had been at the airport for the past several years; I much prefer it downtown. Come on out I will treat you to some free corn (while supplies last).

The new Dirty Laundry Podcast (Load #125) is up. I know we just uploaded one a couple of days ago but the editing went very smoothly so I just posted the new one too. No use making you wait. For one day I wasn't exhausted; maybe because it was the end of my weekend. I have been listening to quite a few other podcasts and am happy to report that there are few that are as good as ours. Some have bigger stars as guests but they don't even know how to talk to people. You can tell that many people aren't interested in what people have to say; Cha Cha and The Agitator are really interested in what people have to say and we listen.

There are lots more things to blog about but I am pretty tired so I am gonna close my eyes and dream about you and blogs and podcasts and weekend days off. I am not even really sure what a sugar plum is. Have a great YOUR FRIDAY - soon to be my Thursday. Thanks a lot for stopping in. Please download it free from iTunes or at least listen to the podcast(s) from that link in the previous paragraph. We are #36 overall right now and we haven't been #1 in awhile so it would be cool to be back there again. Also, pass it on! If not, that's cool - no biggie but I know you'll like the show. TTTT....MITM (snooze city here I come). TA!

Ha, I just Googled "Dirty Laundry Podcast" and looked at "images" and was surprised that there are a great many from our show and this blog - weird. That's pretty cool! TA again for realzies this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment