Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Sad and Funny - Just Like Life!

She is and always will be missed!
Our dog Maisy died two days ago. She was a member of our family for twelve or thirteen years. When the kids are now 16 and 21 that is a big chunk of their lives so, as you might imagine, we were pretty fond of her. She was a great dog and she is already missed. One of the worst parts for me is that Splenda is away at school and I had to tell her while she was there. If Maisy had been a person she probably would have been a Mother Teresa-type of person save for the occasional poop or pee by the door when we weren't home to let her out. I may even say that she was Mother Teresa incarnate except we already had Maisy by 2008 when Mother Teresa died. Maisy had been getting bad lately; she'd walk around in circles like she was having dementia, she would sleep almost all of the time... The last couple of days, however. she was acting kind of spry again but then Cha Cha reminded me that before her parents died they both seemed to have a time right before their deaths when they seemed fine too. It's like somebody or something is giving our bodies one last chance to say goodbye to our lives and our loved-ones so we can be remembered the way people need to remember us. This only occurs when you are dying of an illness or maybe old age. Maisy seems to have died in her sleep which always seems to be more comforting  for loved-ones.

The house was very sad but there is already talk of getting a new dog. I am against it but my vote has never MATTered here so I imagine we will be getting a new dog soon. I like dogs but I like the freedom of not having pets - if memory serves. I did voice that if we get a dog I want his name to be Jeff Swanson. I don't know why but I think that is funny. I guess we could name a dog Art.  That may even be a name you can teach a dog to say(because it sounds like arf and he'd already know his name). Cha Cha says she just doesn't want a name that ends in y or ie. I love human names for animals.

BRB. The washer is telling me that it's contents are ready for the dryer. Okay, clothes moved over and a new load started.
Cheadle/ Frederick Douglas & Ferrell/ Abraham Lincoln
Speaking of Loads - The new load of Dirty Laundry Podcast is up. I got it uploaded last night about 22:00. Now, tonight, we record the new show. I will surely write, don't call me Shirley, some things here that we will talk about but I guess that is okay. I am certain that we will talk about Maisy and Jeff Swanson.

One other thing that I think we will probably talk about because, I seem to talk about it constantly, is Drunk History. I wish I would have thought of the idea because I think it would be so fun to shoot and edit. In case you haven't seen it or heard us talk about it on Dirty Laundry Podcast (also available free on iTunes) Drunk History is a show where they have people who are drinking tell pieces of history that we all know and the stories get more and more funny as the people get drunker and drunker. The person telling the story are people that we do not know but then their words are acted out by people we do know like: Jack Black, Don Cheadle, Jim Carrey, Will Farrell. Bob Odenkirk, Winona Ryder, Michael Cera... It's always funny to see who pops up and I don't always know who the people are until the end because of the make-up and costumes. It's cool to see big stars doing this for some reason. It started out on FunnyorDie.com and you can still see those shows on there. They are kind of funnier because the swear words are not edited out and it's weird seeing Abe Lincoln or The Pope... using the f-word occasionally for some reason.

I am done. I have lots to do around this quiet house.

FYI - I am a moron. I just deleted this week's entire podcast and had to run back down to the studio and repost it. I think I may just do stupid things so I have stuff to blog about and things to talk about on the podcast. At least that's the story I choose to tell myself. Have a great day and keep those cards and letters coming. I am off work tonight so maybe I'll see you around town today/tonight? Thanks a lot for stopping by and for listening to the podcast. I really appreciate you and think about you often. TTTT...MITM (in a quiet house without a dog and school starting) TA :(

No comments:

Post a Comment