Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pruney and Pooped!

Yesterday and today were certainly eventful. My brother has been in from Hawaii and Saturday we went to  the Cubs-Cardinals game which was fun. That probably has something to do with the Cardinals winning. Yesterday we went to a place called K1 Speed in Addison. They have adult go-carts. These suckers fly. Fishtails, spin-outs... It was A LOT of fun. Then we went to Dave and Buster's which was less than a mile away. Fabio and I: shot baskets, killed zombies and took care of third world assassins while I had a chicken Caesar salad and he had a cheeseburger and fries. My parents even liked the food there which was a good thing. What a great day. Then Cha Cha and I recorded the podcast. I am not sure when I will get it edited but it is recorded.

Today I went to work at 05:00. Normally today I would not even start work for another five hours but today I am done already. I worked until 15:75 and I get OT after 7.5 hours so woohoo! I stood in the MIDDLE of the street for 10.75 hours directing traffic in pouring down rain. It doesn't rain for weeks and weeks but when I am working outside it pours. I am glad I like the rain (even the pouring-down kind). I found the chink in my waterproof Nike work boots because of the deluge. If it rains like Hurricane Katrina the water will come in through the shoelace holes and soak me slowly. By the end of my shift my fingers and toes were all pruney. Or is that prunie? Spell-check doesn't recognize either option but they looked like prunes. So, now I don't have to go in until 22:00 tomorrow and my phalanges should be de-pruned by then. Speaking of phalanges - my stub hurts too (yes I said stub).

I got home and cleaned the kitchen and finished getting those book cases built. I was already almost done but needed to do a bit of nailing.

Until I started writing this I didn't realize that I am spent. I could have kept going for days and days non-stop at work but now that I have stopped I am done. Ridden hard and put-away wet. Literally!

I think I am gonna lie down for a bit. I thought this was a good idea but I am too pooped to blog. I will probably blog again tomorrow. Sorry for the tease but you know I am still alive this way I guess. Have a great night and I will catch you later. Thanks for stopping in. TTTT (probably)...MITM (pooped) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment