Thursday, March 3, 2016

Today's Blog Was Interrupted By a Political Canvasser

Yesterday turned-out to be a much longer day than I anticipated so I was unable to blog. My dad had a doctor's appointment in the morning and, though he was cleared to drive again by his doctor, he asked me if I would stay and drive he and my mom to her appointment in the afternoon. How do you say no to your dad? I imagine he was a bit gun-shy to begin driving such a long distance (it was about 30 minutes away with traffic). I think he wants to get his feet wet on shorter drives to feel more confident. We had lunch on the way so, I got a free lunch out of it. I told him that if he wants me to drive him to his next appointment to just let me know; I am certain he will drive himself. He has had jobs where he, basically, drove for a living so I know he is looking forward to driving again though who wouldn't want a chauffeur?

It is already 16:08. I have spent a lot of the day cleaning the three bathrooms up in this hizzy. With our new roomies arriving tomorrow I want to make them think that we are much neater than we really are. When you start at 100% and very slowly work down to 60% it may rarely be noticed. The cleaning even included replacing toilet seats in two of the bathrooms; I had already replaced the one in the powder room several months back. I am doing laundry now too. I am on load number three (laundry not toilet seat related) and, eventually. I will probably wash some of my own clothes.
My new favorite television show is on tonight. I love the new FX show Baskets. I feel so strongly about it that I wrote a review of the show that is posted on IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base). Here is the link to the reviews of Baskets - you just have to scroll down to mine (it is on page two right now and will probably move down as more people add reviews beause they are posted reverse-chronologically). Cha Cha did one too about the same time that I did mine (she did hers first actually and I am just a Copy-Matt). I pretty much like everything that Zach Galifianakis is part of. My favorite part of the show is probably Louie Anderson though. I guess I should stop or why would you read my review?

I will be right back because the drier is playing the tune that says it is time for me to fold clothes and move the clothes in the washer to the drier and begin another load so this endless circle can continue. BRB! Sorry, that took longer than I figured because I peeled the hard-boiled (I need to call them hard-baked eggs because that is still how I cook them now ever since I posted that way to cook eggs here awhile ago). I also just threw some chicken breasts in the oven - I guess that answered the age-old question as to which came first: I did the eggs first so the egg came first. I need to run to the store and get some more stuff for salads so I will be wrapping-up here pretty quick. Oh, and the chicken is seasoned with rosemary and garlic for those scoring at home.
 I think a spooned-tongue would be more convenient 

I am fairly certain that I am getting a cold. I have a nose that is runny sometimes and stuffed-up other times and I have a sore throat and my tongue hurts. I am not sure how the tongue plays in the scenario but, perhaps that is a separate issue. Maybe I have a forked-tongue after all?

The doorbell just rang and I went to answer it, as people sometimes do, and it was a dude canvassing for Bernie Sanders. I will not say what we discussed as people are sick of politics right now (if they are anything like me) but it was informative. I am not sure if he is going to every house but he had a list and knew that I am Matthew - he forgot it "Saint" at the beginning but I will forgive him that transgression.

I am headed to the store. Thank you very much for letting me rant today; I am sorry I wasn't here for you yesterday. I am pretty sure that I will blog tomorrow because our new tenants won't be here until later-on I suspect. I hope they don't mind that the entrance to their room is hidden behind a bookcase and stairs because immigrants aren't real popular with some people in 'Merica (I know Drumpf doesn't care for them - at least that is what his forked tongue says). You do know his real name is Donald Drumpf don't you? (no kidding) It makes sense when you know the German meaning. I am gonna stop because I have turned a political corner and need to hit the brakes. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment