Friday, March 4, 2016

I am Not Quite Fit as a Fiddle

As predicted in yesterday's blog I am as sick as a dog today. It got pretty bad last night and carried-over to today. Maybe I shouldn't have watched the Republican debate last night though that was some of the most entertaining thing I have seen in a very long time. Where does that expression, "sick as a dog," come from. I don't remember any of the dogs we have ever had having a cold or the flu. Birds get flu apparently but not dogs. Whatever happened to the bird flu? And, yes,I realize it was not a flu that birds got. Sometimes dogs get sick if they eat the wrong thing but that is pretty short-lived. I am kinda glad that our new house guests aren't coming until tomorrow now because maybe there will be less of chance of me sharing this cold with them by then.

Cha Cha got a message from a supposed photographer that is looking for feet models. He said he would put $50 in a PayPal account for her if she sent him photos of her feet. Of course, Cha Cha is very intelligent and did not send these photos. This is the third time that she has been sent a request for photos of her feet (from three separate people). What is the deal with people getting sexually excited over feet? We should send them photos of my feet. With the scars and half of the big toe missing on my left foot she probably would not get any more messages about her feet. Or, is there a fetish for people who lie scars and missing phalanges too? If so, I could be a super model maybe.

Fabio just told me that the movie 11/22/63 is on HULU now (at least the first three episodes). I read the book a few years back and I liked it a great deal. It took me awhile to read it as Stephen King's novels are usually lengthy. Fortunately we have HULU so I may watch an episode tonight. Fabio says they are about 90 minutes each. I will wait for Cha Cha because she may want to see it too? I remember 11/23/63 like I was just 39 days old at the time of JFK's assassination. I like a few of the actors in the mini-series - James Franco, Josh Duhamel, Chris Cooper, John F. Kennedy (as himself)... so I think I will like it a lot. I know Stephen King, sometimes, has cameos in his films - I will watch for that Easter egg in case it exists.

New news (though I suppose that is from The Department of Redundancy Department) - our new tenants will be here tonight around 22:00 - 23:00 rather than tomorrow. I suppose we will move their stuff into the house on the morrow. Convenient that Fabio has to work tomorrow, huh? I am still fighting this cold so I am really looking forward to carrying stuff. I may try to take a nap after I get done writing this because I have already accomplished a great deal today to prepare for tomorrow. I do feel better than I did this morning and last night but that could be temporary.
REO Speedwagon sang "Roll With the Changes" but they went out of style anyway

Cha Cha is lobbying to start doing the podcast again. It is more hassle than it is worth as far as I am concerned. I enjoy recording the show and I do think the show is entertaining and I like giving up-and-coming musical acts a vehicle for their talents and songs to be heard to a world-wide audience but the editing kills me. But, on the flip-side, I would not want another person to edit the show because when we record I have a vision (an aural vision if that is possible) of what sound effects and drop-ins should be added in post-production. I am sure she will wear me down eventually because I do like the show and what we had been doing.

I have a lozenge (a sugar-free lozenge, of course) in my mouth and it does not even seem to be stopping my cough. Do you think it is the sugar-free part that is messing it up?
Heading back to Gobbler's Knob like it's going out of style

Man, the birds sure did cleaned-out the feeder early this morning. They ate the seed like it was going out of style. We always heard that "going out of style" phrase as kids too. I am not really sure what that means either. Do we do things more as they are going out of style? That wouldn't make sense. Maybe it was supposed to be about tangible items rather actions like using up some film before cameras with film went out of style and cell phones taking photos and you wouldn't be able to get film developed anymore? I think you can still have film developed at places like Walgreen's and such but you had better get that done before film goes out of style. I think we still have some disposable cameras; I am not sure what is even on them. I imagine they were the kids' cameras when we went on a vacation. One is a waterproof camera - my guess would be Hawaii or Florida or just some goofy water park? I may get those developed before they go out of style. Maybe I can use the time machine deal in 11.22.63 and get them developed before they were even in style?

I think I may lie down for a bit now and see of this cold will go out of style. I doubt that I will blog tomorrow with the move-in and the new thing that Cha Cha and I do in Woodstock, Illinois every week starting last week. It has nothing to do with the movie Groundhog Day but it is really fun to walk the town square and see all of the places and things that we saw in the film. I may see if that is on HULU or Netflix or HBOgo or one of the several other movie vehicles we have. I will probably blog again Sunday or, I may surprise us both and blog sometime tomorrow. Thanks a lot for being here- I am always happy to find-out who is reading the blog. TTTT or Sunday or both?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment