Sunday, March 6, 2016

I Have Been Upgraded to Platypi (though now I hear that it is Platypuses)

You can tell that it is me by the Crushable Hat
It is almost 16:00 and I am just now blogging. I promised that I would blog today so here I am thanks to Ricolas (the sugar-free ones, of course) off-and-on all night. I am finding that tea travels through my system just as fast as alcohol did if memory serves. I imagine since I have only had two bananas and two Cuties (technically I think they are Clementine oranges) there isn't anything to soak-up all the Zen tea I have been drinking. I will probably have a salad in a bit. For some reason, and I will tell you the reason in a moment, salads make me think of giardiniera and giardiniera now makes me think of John F. Kennedy (because of the mini-series that I am watching now I guess). I am watching the movie about the book I read (11.22.63) that I mentioned here in the blog too. It is odd how one thing, which is totally unrelated to another, will sometimes make you think of the "another." James Franco has been very good in this role so far. I have just watched the first episode (90 minutes). I think there are three up now and a new one is released every Monday so there should be number four out tomorrow. Maybe HULU is going to try to become a television network soon, huh? I also mentioned that I was sick as a dog; well, it got a bit worse last night and I became as sick as a platypus and now I am just as sick as a seahorse. I think the worst of the cold or flu or whatever I have is just about over. I have been drinking hot tea all day long and sucking on Ricolas all night.

It was funny in the show when I noticed one of the characters was drinking an Ensure. I thought to myself, "self, there is another clever product placement" but, a few minutes after that I guessed it was not a good product placement when the person drinking the Ensure said, "that tastes like snot!" I guess somebody is not a fan of Ensure.

I mentioned some people (actors) in the movie that I like but I found another while watching the show. Harry Dunning is in the movie and I have liked him in several things I have seen him in:The Patriot and Deadwood to name a few. Deadwood is probably my favorite show of all time though Band of Brothers may be tied with that.

Yesterday our new housemates got all settled-in and we went over and put some of their stuff in a storage unit. Then, last night, we took them to dinner where we met-up with MADYM and her new beau Scott. We went to Schmidt's in Elburn; that is a pretty nice place but man, was it loud and hard to talk. What did I expect it would be like on a Saturday night in a bar? Guess what I had? A salad and iced tea. Man, am I boring. They had giardiniera for the salad too. Oh yeah, that is what I was gonna write about with 11.22.63 and giardiniera. There was a scene in a restaurant storage area and they had jars and jars of giardiniera on the shelves. Try to say "jars and jars or giardiniera" 23 times fast.

There was a really funny campaign billboard in the movie (see, I am so sick I cannot even remember things in blogological order). As you probably know if you read the blog that, though I am a candidate-by-candidate voter. I tend to lean Democratic (liberal) because I care about the welfare of others as well as the welfare of my family. Of course, I had to research to see if this was a jab at The Republican Party or it was really an actual sign that the Nixon campaign used for the 1960 Presidential campaign. As far as I can see, this was a real slogan / billboard / campaign button... I suppose being a Dick didn't have the same meaning that it has today. Was Nixon (maybe because of The Watergate break-in) the reason being a Dick became negative? My mom's dad was "Grandpa Dick" and I think if it was a negative thing he would have gone by Richard or Rich or Rick. Was it also because of Nixon's enlarged proboscis? Anyway, my 15-year-old equivalent sense of humor loved the sign.

Okay, I have to stop because my proboscis is filling up and I have to have Tito get me a tissue. Thanks for stopping by and watch 11.22.63 if you have HULU. Thank you so very much to stopping by today; the thought of you reading this makes me smile and then blow my nose and suck on another lozenge (that is a funny word - lozenge). Have a great night and, if I see you, I will not breath on you until I am germ-free. I guess we are never germ-free so I mean until I am sick kind of germ-free. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment