Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Pretending to do Something Important Blog Break

This is the photo she took of me - I don't see the resemblance
I am sorry that I did not blog yesterday as I had hoped. I started to mulch the yard yesterday but, unfortunately, I waaaaayyyyy underestimated the amount of mulch I needed. I got 10 bags yesterday which did not cover the areas I thought I was mulching. When the boss got home last night I learned that the areas I had done were just a small portion of what I needed to do. So today I went back and got another 12 bags and, after those were dispersed, I went back and got another 14 bags. This morning I did the mulching in pouring rain with temps about at 34 degrees and the 14 I just got done with were wheelbarrowed in snow at about 27 degrees (my gloves and pants were still frozen from this morning. Splenda said she watched me this morning and said that I looked like Paddington Bear in my getup.  So, tomorrow I will probably have to get another 20+ bags of mulch.

The house smells great. Between mulchings I went to the doctor (routine follow-up to bilk some insurance money) and went to the store to get some essentials and something for dinner. I am cooking red potatoes (halves) smothered in olive oil, garlic and dill. After they are done I will cook the five salmon steaks that I seasoned. What a coincidence - the stove timer is beeping that the taters are ready. BRB! I am back and the salmon is in the oven. Fabio showed-up out of thin air and tasted one of the potatoes and said they are good. He's a tough dude to please sometimes so I am happy about that endorsement. Oh, by the way, my blood pressure was like 120/60; I think that is pretty good.

I cannot believe Cha Cha and I walked to the grocery store the other night and it is snowing today. I have walked over 14,000 steps every day for the past three days. I usually get about 10,000 steps (or close to it) per day but that is with trying- it is much easier when I am not trying as it turns out.
Tonight is the night Baskets and Portlandia are on television. I think they are on at the same time. We record them both but usually watch Baskets first. I am afraid that I may not make it through Baskets - thank goodness for the double DVR. Last week Baskets was kind of boring (flashback episode) so I imagine they will make up for it tonight.

That reminds me that one of the funniest men in television history (in my humble opinion), Garry Shandling, just died. He made me laugh every time I saw in something. He was only 66 years old. The official cause of death is unknown - that usually is pretty bad news (like dying isn't bad enough). The police department received a 911 call from his home saying he suffered from a "medical emergency." Just a few days ago he tweeted a photo of himself with Kathy Griffin and my college buddy radio station co-worker and acquaintance Bob Odenkirk (star of another of my favorite shows Better Call Saul). Shandling tweeted that he "had to call Saul." It's a sad comic day.

Alright, that is enough out of me for today (thank you for not disagreeing). I will try to blog tomorrow but there may be a lot of Easter brunch or Easter linner or whatever it is called prep tomorrow. Saturday we will be busy quite a bit of the day in Woddstock - it's like Groundhog's Day ever weekend with us going there. Thank you for stopping by so I can pretend that this is important and keep taking breaks from other things that need to get done. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment