Friday, March 18, 2016

St. Patrick and The Donald

Happy St. Patrick's Day. This is one of my mom's favorite days of the year. Her maiden name is McGuire (from the Gaelic "Magi of Eire" who were the priests of ancient Ireland) and that was always a huge deal when growing-up for some reason. I am sure me Ma and Da are having corned beef and cabbage today. Too bad Greg and I aren't leaving for Louisville until the morrow because we could celebrate with some good Irish whiskey (they call it Kentucky bourbon down there though). We may stop by Carbondale on the way home to visit the old college stomping grounds but it seems way out of the way. I have been there many times since graduating since Splenda went to school there but I don't imagine Greg has been there often, if at all. A lot of the places we frequented as college students have since closed and the strip is nothing like it was back in the 1980's. I wonder how well I will do with the new way of eating/drinking on this trip. I am not worried but it will be interesting. I don;t think Greg golfs as it would be fun to golf in Kentucky.

I am so sick and tired of all of the political talk and nonsense. How does the rest of the world look at this? We are no better than some of the third world countries we condemn with the attacks at rallies and the like. I will be so happy when this election is over - depending on who the new POTUS is. I have been to Canada a few times and I really like it there.

It is tomorrow now (Friday) and I need to get this posted because I will not be blogging again until, probably, Tuesday - unless I die on the trip. People always give me the business for saying things like that but, I wish I had the power to just say or write something and make it happen.
Maybe threats lead to threats and violence leads to violence?

I heard that someone has sent a death threat to Donald Trump's family. The note or letter or whatever it was said that if Trump didn't drop-out of the race something bad would happen to his family. Is it real? Is it someone from the Right trying to cause problems for the Left? Is it the Left trying to look like it's the Right trying to cause problems for the Left? Is it someone from the Left? Is it ISIS? Is it someone trying to "take-out family members" of a terrorist (Trump)? I could spend all day coming up with scenarios but, when you are in the public eye (no MATTer what) someone is going to dislike you and, probably. threaten you. It is sad and I hope nothing comes of the threat but you want to play the games you are going to run into people who cheat and/or want change the rules as the game goes on. It was mailed to Trump's New York home from Massachusetts where The Donald's son Eric and his wife, apparently, live. I know we will hear a lot more about this before the end of today.Did I mention the white powdery substance too?

Okay, I have to wrap-up because my ride to Kentucky will be arriving soon. Have a great weekend and I will probably check-in on Facebook now and again on our trip of 3-4 days. Thanks for stopping by. See you on the flip-side (for those who remember record albums/ 45s / LPs. TTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment