Monday, March 28, 2016

Kind of Voluminous but I AM at the Library!

For some reason I feel the need to get home and have a hard-boiled egg
I want to start by saying that I don't think I am going to say (type) TTTT at the end of the blogs anymore because T never comes (many times it doesn't anyway). When I type the Ta Ta Til Tomorrow I have every intention of writing the next day but something often seems to cause that to detour itself.

I have, pretty much, guaranteed that I will move my body at least 7.5 miles today as I am typing this from the public library 3.84 miles from my home and, unless it starts raining and call for a ride home or I get hit by a potato truck and have to get ambulanced (that should be a verb) to the hospital I will either sleep here in the reference section of the DPL or I will have to hoof it home. It was pretty pleasant on the way here but, when I took my backpack and jacket off I felt my back pretty wet. It is fun to see the town on foot rather than by vehicle because you can appreciate things you usually just zip by. I like, even better, that I get to go the wrong way on one-way streets (sidewalks, actually) and see many things that are invisible most of the time.

On the way over I listened to the Adam Ant station on Pandora. I heard "500 Miles (I'm Gonna Be)" by The Proclaimers; I have always loved that song and it seemed appropriate as I was pounding the pavement. Right as I was getting to the library The Buggles started playing "Video Killed the Radio Star." Hearing that song reminded me of how fortunate we were to grow-up in the early 1980's. Splenda and Andy (I have to get him a MITM code-name I think) went to a 1990's themed party this past weekend. What do you wear? We had lots of stuff in the 80's. We had parachute pants and Flock of Seagulls hair and Devo hats and Coneheads and Grace Slick and Max Headroom and The Blues Brothers and early Madonna and Cindy Lauper and Pacman and Michael Jackson and leopard-print pants (I could go on for about ten pages on this one). The 1990's could just not compete with the 80's so they just didn't try at all it seems. We have hope for you 2090's! Plan ahead!

Speaking of the past - I found my fluorescent pink I-pod and the charger a couple of weeks ago. I charged it and it still works. I should have brought that with me to the library. I will have to start using that though I do love Pandora and the versatility there.

Fashion makes me think of the new series that Cha Cha and I have been watching on Netflix. We have been watching Daredevil! It is really good. I was hesitant because that knucklehead Ben Affleck starred in the lame movie about the same character. How you can screw-up a Stan Lee comic is beyond me (that was when they were still comics and didn't think themselves too cool and call themselves graphic novels).

I have the words "I want those who get to know we to become admires or my enemies" stuck in my head. I know why they are stuck there and I kind of like that. That would be my second choice for a tattoo if I ever got one. My first choice (and I recite these in my head at least ten times per day) would be, "be well, be happy, be peaceful." The first choice would be a less expensive tattoo too I guess.
 Is this a spoiler or is it not? 
Yesterday we had Cha Cha's side of the family over. It was a very pleasant day. My parents were invited too but, now that my dad is back driving and working as Kato (not O.J's Kato rather The Green Hornet's - Bruce Lee) he had to drive The Green Hornet's nephew or son or someone to the airport.

Hey, tonight Better Call Saul is on and there is also the new episode of 11/22/63 on HULU. Should I watch 11/22/63 here on my computer in case I get hit by a manure spreader or something on the way home?  I thought about stopping to get a chopped salad at Subway on the way home but that would be stupid since we still have lots of salad left-over from yesterday. I could eat salad and watch the show - man, I really know how to live don't I?

Oh yeah, I have a job interview set-up for April 15th (hey, that's tax day isn't it?) at a very large world-wide corporation. They are hiring 200 people initially so I will feel like a loser if I am not one of the first 200. Eventually they will hire even more. I suppose it will all depend on the hours and the money even if they do make me an offer.
Load 'em into the backpack boys!

I think I am going to end now and look for a book or two to make my backpack heavier on the way home. Some of these books right in front of me are pretty hefty (Gray's Anatomy, The Oxford Companion To Wine, The Merk Manual - Nineteenth Edition, The Fiery Visual Dictionary, Encyclopedia of Trees & Shrubs, The Oxford Companion To Food, The Baseball Encyclopedia...). I could get some work-out with these books in my backpack. Who needs barbells when we have literature? Thanks a lot for dropping-in. I may write again tomorrow but it is weigh-in day so, no promises. TTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment