Sunday, March 13, 2016

It was the Dukes, It was the Dukes

 I bet Afghanistan and Pakistan don't have Daylight Savings Time 
Again, no proofreading today (daylight savings time and all)

It is 19:05 and I am finally getting around to blogging. It is 20:05 and I am finally getting around to blogging. This is, every year I have writing the blog so far, when I complain how stupid Daylight Savings Time is. I usually go on to say how I understand how this tradition helped the farmers by giving them an extra hour of daylight when they needed it but now with the GPS systems and floodlights in tractors they don't need this archaic tradition. I will not even mention that now. This is the one we liked as kids when we had an extra hour of daylight before the streetlamps came on and we had to head home.

I would have blogged earlier but Cha Cha went and watched Whiskey Tango Bravo at our local theater. I really like Tina Fey but do not see a lot of her films for one reason that did not cause me to avoid this one - Amy Poehler was not in this film. It had Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman and Alfred Molina and I like all of them a great deal. It was a really good film. There was some funny moments but, for the most part, it was a fairly serious movie. It was based on a memoir of journalist Kim Barker called The Taliban Shuffle: Strange Days in Afghanistan and Pakistan. I guess that long handle would have changed the way the movie poster looked a great deal
Good thing that Jay Pharoah is a cast member because Dr. Ben is already out

That makes me think a lot about Saturday Night Live; I still watch SNL most every week. With the Presidential election coming up I think I know who, at least, three actors are voting for - Larry David will be voting for Bernie Sanders, Darryl Hammond will be voting for Donald Trump and Kate McKinnon will be voting for Hillary. Whichever of those three candidates become President the actor playing them is guaranteed at least four years of steady weekly work, I suppose if Hillary wins with Bernie as her V.P. or Bernie wins with Hillary as his V.P. two people could stay off of unemployment. I worked with Darryl Hammond at Zanies and he is a total D-bag so, I really hope I don't have to see him every week.

I have decided who I am voting for in the Illinois Presidential Primary this Tuesday. Obviously, as it has taken me thins long to decide, I have given it lots of thought and, even though it is only a Primary I take it seriously. I am not going to say now because I want everyone to think for themselves and make their own decision. If you really want to know send me a private message and I will let you know but Matt In The Middle is not prepared to officially endorse a candidate right now. I may endorse a candidate when it the actual Presidential election.
If you look real hard  you can see Cha Cha and I in there

Last night we worked at the fun fair in Bartlett, IL.. Cha Cha and I were assigned to the prize room. The kids played games and they got stamps on punch-cards that added to points and then they would cash their points in for prizes of different point-values. It was like being Lewis Winthorpe III and Billy Ray Valentine in Trading Places (man, I really have SNL on my mind today don't I?). It wasn't too crazy until they announced that "the prize room will close at 7:45..." I must admit that the time flew by and I really liked to see the smiles on the children's faces as they walked out with the things that they had worked to save-up their points to win. I slept really well last night (I suppose that could have been the NyQuil though).

Alright, it is 21:00 now so I am gonna wrap-up. I hope you adjust quickly to the new time and, just as you are in a groove, we will Fall back - Ugghhhhhh. Thanks for stopping by no MATTer what time it is. Have a great rest of you night. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment