Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Disc and Dat!

I just got back from taking nine bags full of leaves and yard waste (sticks, branches, dead grass...) to the Landscape Drop-off Site. Now I have to vacuum out the JEEP again.

Yesterday was a good day. I did seven miles in the morning (five of which was on the bike) and then Cha Cha and I went and weighed-in. She lost 4 pounds since last week and I, happily, lost two. As long as I am a loser I am happy. Then we went to the new place we go for salads - it is the best salad bar in town as far as I am concerned. It is not an atmosphere for quiet but they have the best selection in the area. If you wish to know of this recent find of ours (though many are always there so, as usual, I am a bit slow) please send me a message and I will let you know.

Ha, it just now started to rain - glad I did the leaf delivery earlier this morning. I am also happy that I just let Jeff back in the house before it began.

Yesterday I went golfing with my two children and my current foster child. We played 18 holes and I got five holes in one and hit the pin two times from the tee on two other holes. I would call myself Fuzzy Blogger but Frank Zoeller already has that name Fuzzy. Then I thought maybe Chi Chi because Cha Cha and Chi Chi sounded fun to me but that damn Juan Rodriguez already has that nickname. Happy Helser - damn it Gilmore! Tin Cup is probably pretty appropriate with the five aces but Roy McAvoy has that moniker sewn-up. I guess The Agitator will do for now. Did I forget to mention that my ball was the yellow one and that it was miniature golf?

I rented the movie Creed and am watching it while I am writing this; it just hit Redbox yesterday. I got it from the grocery store right near our home and I will probably walk it back later if the rain stops; I really like walking. I would take Jeff with me but, they have inside kiosks and Jeff cannot even pretend to be a service dog because he is too excitable and loves every person he meets. I think Jewel has outside Redbox kiosks but they are pretty far. Hold-on and let me check where there are outside red boxes near me... Huh...7-11 have an outside kiosk but they are way up on North Annie Glidden Road. I really don't want to get caught in the rain without a Pina Colada. I may have to drive or go without Jeff.

That reminds me - When I hoofed home from the library the other day I took a different route home than I took there. I went through Prairie Park / Annie's Woods (yes, Annie Glidden). That made me really want to take-up Frisbee golf. I saw one guy who had a bag almost as large as my regular golf (clubs) bag. It must have had more than 20 discs in that bag - my golf bag only about  12 clubs in it (of which I use about six). This dudes disc bag was not as big as Al Czervik's but it was pretty close. I suppose you buy a Frisbee golf bag like that you get a free bowl of soup. I suppose it is actually just referred to as disc golf. I would think that Frisbee (Wham-O) would become the official sponsor of disc golf and have regional tournaments and such.

I really feel like heading over to the driving range today (the real one, not the Frisbee one). Maybe that is what I should open - a disc driving range though that would be about the same as a disc golf course. I love playing golf. My dad and I used to go every Sunday for quite a stretch. With his two bionic knees and his triple bypass I doubt that he will ever golf again. I may have to be one of those losers who golfs alone of try to catch-on with a threesome. I wish I could get Cha Cha to golf with me. Maybe I should just grab ONE Frisbee and go disc golfing with Jeff.

Boy, this movie is so suspenseful - I wonder if Balboa will train Apollo's son? Rocky was better though I still have a long way to go in this movie. I think Rocky is a bit punchy.

Have a great day - I appreciate you stopping by. I will blog again soon (maybe even tomorrow)?TTTT (Then - not necessarily Tomorrow). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment