Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Learning Never Stops Until Living Does Methinks!

Took longer to figure-out how to take this drone photo than to detail the car
I cannot believe it is 16:57 already. Happily, I have gotten a lot accomplished so far today. I had my weekly weigh-in, I did grocery shopping at two different stores, I made another huge bowl of chopped salad (about 10-20 salads depending on each serving size), I got the Fiat detailed - inside and out, I picked-up my medicine refills (because that's what MIDDLE-aged people and beyond do), I vacuumed the stairs (Jeff hair mainly), I put away all of the groceries (of course), I applied for two more jobs... I think I forgot to tell you that I had an interview last Monday; I think it went pretty well but I shall eventually see if it went well enough.

My weigh-in today went better than I had expected; I lost 3.2 pounds since last week and I have lost exactly 27.0 pounds since December 29th. I am really happy with that. I was pretty bummed-out last week when I gained for the first time since I started this new way of life (the way I should have always been living). I know I gained only 0.4 pounds from 2/23 - 3/1 but even 0.01 pound would have been unacceptable to me. I still have a way to go until I am happy with my weight but, now that the weather is changing, it will be much easier and more comfortable to get outside exercise in, at least until I start complaining about the heat and humidity. I did do five miles this morning before I went to the weigh-in. I think I am going to buy a new bicycle this weekend so Cha Cha and I can do a lot of peddling; she got a cool new bicycle last year. Maybe I will do the shopping by bicycle and backpack soon; that would limit the amount I could buy based on the backpack size (BONUS!).

I feel much better though I still have an occasional cough. You know that little tickle you get in your throat which manifests into a cough?! Man, I hate that.
 I sure am glad we have designated seat this time 

This coming Saturday, after Cha Cha and I take our weekly morning trip to Woodstock we are working at a Fun Fair. Hey, I hadn't made the connection that we have tickets to see John Fogerty in September and he was at Woodstock with Creedence Clearwater Revival back in August 1969 and we have gone to Woodstock (Illinois) for the last two weeks and counting. Yes, I realize the Woodstock Music Festival was in upstate New York; that is why some are in italics and some are not. I wonder if The Grateful Dead will be his opening act again and Janis Joplin and then Sly and The Family Stone (Sly is only 72 years old now) and then The Who and then Jefferson Airplane (or even Starship)... will follow? I am pretty sure Joplin won't be there since she died in 1970. If we get a chance to meet Fogherty we will not mention that we saw Creedence Clearwater REVISITED because they definately have some bad-blood between them and, as you might imagine, I am in Fogerty's corner. Had I known what I know now I probably would not have gone to see a couple of his ex-bandmates and others play the music that J.F. wrote and sang. Live and learn I suppose.

So, back to the fun fair... Our friend Debbie's kids' school is having a fun fair and, somehow, she is in charge of the fun fair or, at least, getting people lined-up to help or something. None of the parents of the children that go to that school will volunteer to help so Debbie asked Cha Cha and now four of us are going to a school about five or six towns over so their kids have a nice fun fair. What is wrong with people these days? I sound really old don't I? Jill and I did Cub Scouts and Girls Scouts and I coached girl's softball and girl's basketball and coed T-ball and boys basketball and boys baseball and I cannot even remember how many things. Lots of parents helped back when I was just a whipper-snapper parent. Put your phone down and stop with the selfies and crap and be part of your children's lives! I hope this darned cough is gone by Saturday (he wrote out of nowhere).

My goodness, it is 17:56 and I have to figure-out dinner up in this hizzle ma-nizzle! I predict salad. I had better call this a wrap - hey, how about salad wraps on corn tortillas with grilled chicken and giardinera (of course, since I put that on everything these days). Thank you so very much for seeing what I am up-to today. I will try to do something boring tomorrow so I have to wax poetic in the blog. I hope you are having nice weather like we are in this part of the MIDDLEwest. I am pretty sure that I will blog again tomorrow (also, I am getting a lot of pressure to get the podcast going again and I usually buckle under pressure if it involves my ego). TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment