Monday, February 29, 2016

Happy "Artist formerly Known as March 1st Day!"

 It sure as heck better be good 
Happy Leap Day or Leap Year Day or whatever it is really called. I think I will just call it The Artist Formerly Known As March First Day. As the odds play-out I am crabby this morning. I am sure you have read about me griping how I seem to have my time of the month at the end of each month and this is the end of the month. I wonder, if this didn't happen to be a leap year and today were March first would I still be crabby or would it be over already. Women's cycles, supposedly, run roughly their cycles every 28 days I think (which must be because of Leap Years maybe) so why is mine different? Mine seems to go by calendar months - why? Sure, we add an extra Monday rather than an extra Saturday - it should always be an extra weekend day. It would suck to be born today though you would always look good for your age. But, you could not drink alcohol legally in most of America until you were 84-years-old right? You couldn't get a drivers license until you were 64 (so, that's what The Beatles were singing about)?

Last night was the night when wealthy Hollywood people congratulate themselves for doing their jobs. But, they make it a contest to see who did the best job according to the opinions of a few, so called, experts. I did not watch one second of The Academy Awards and, though I know it impossible, I hope to hear nothing about the winners. Cha Cha and I talked about what films we liked on the latest Load of Dirty Laundry Podcast that will probably never air because I am sick of screwing with the editing. We saw five of the eight films nominated and we both agreed that Spotlight was the best film that we saw of the movies nominated. Fortunately, I do not always have to be right anymore so I don't care if we picked the winner but that is what we both would have voted for. I am also tired of all the bickering of wondering why any certain demographic didn't get enough nominees. I am sure that is why Best Supporting Actress and Best Actress had to be separate from the actor categories. Do we have to add Hispanic Actor and Hispanic Actress and African-American Actor and African-American Actress, Asian-American, Heterosexual Male... If so, where do we stop? German-American? English-American? Transgender? I hope that the nominating committee is picking based on the actual performances and nothing else but, I do not know what goes on inside people's heads. I say get rid of awards shows all together or do like they do with young children awards - give everyone who had anything to do with a movie a participation trophy.
 Rest In Pieces 
Yes, as it sits now Dirty Laundry Podcast is kaput. I am so sick of doing the editing and such and things just disappearing. Yes, I realize that it is probably me making the disappearing occur but that is why I am not an engineer. If we could do the show live I would do it forever but, as Cha Cha told me, "then it would be a radio show," I then told her, "then we need to get our own radio show!" I doubt that will happen since radio people and television people are threatened by everyone else just like the people mentioned in that previous paragraph. I may change my mind later but, for now, I am hanging-up my audio editing headphones. It also made me kind of upset when we relaunched and found that there are now like 100 different Dirty Laundry Podcasts. If we do come back we may have to have a different title which would mean different intro music (sorry if that happens Eric Solfisburg) and such...AARRRRGGGGHHH!

Jill and I had a nice weekend. We went to Woodstock, IL (where the movie Groundhog Day, with Bill Murray, was filmed) on Saturday for an undisclosed reason though breakfast was added impromptu and then, as we were getting close to home, a pair of tickets to go to The Second City in Chicago fell into our lap so we went to The Second City in "the city of the big shoulders" to watch the comedy show; it was great. It was funny, we picked-up the tix in a grocery store parking lot like a drug deal is done in the movies. We just took them and jumped on the tollway headed east. Then, after the show, we had a late dinner near the theater. It was an entire date day that started at 08:00 and went until about 22:00 or so. We will continue to do fun things and just not podcast about them? We always have fun.  I will not have blogging dilemmas with worries of over-lap anymore I guess. I am fickle so we may podcast again one day? Ir will be a surprise.

Not doing the show will give me more time to work on my novel. I am pretty excited about that and hope to get it done before humans stop reading altogether (you didn't just say that out-load thinking everyone was going to say it at the same time, did you?).
I hope that we all try every single day (for the common good, of course)

I have a job interview today and I also have to clean a carpet today for the immigrants moving-in on Thursday. They are already in this country but will not be here until then; we are super excited. I suppose they wanted to get here before the 2016 Presidential election in case a forty-foot wall is built on the borders when a new President is elected depending on who is elected. Speaking of the interview I really wish I could go back to where I was working  because I like that job but my doctor will still not release me to work over-nights and that is all that is still available. Oh, bother,

Thank you very much for letting me get out some things that were on my mind; I do feel slightly better having blogged about them. See, you should start a blog too - less expensive than therapy. This is what Anne Frank must have found with her writing too.I hope you have a great day and I am certain I will blog tomorrow even though it is weigh-in day. I only needed to lose one pound to be at 25 pounds lost for the year so far. With my luck I will lose like 0.9 pounds' I have lost some every week and 0.2 was my lowest - I just want one stinking pound off this weeks IS THAT TOO MUCH TO BLOG!? Okay, TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment