Thursday, February 4, 2016

A Day In The Life Isn't Always a Great Day

 "Nice furniture" is code for "baggage" I believe 
I am going to try to be as positive as I can be here today given the situation today. I am in hopes that blogging will take my mind off of the waiting, boredom and uncertainty of when and how I find myself today. I have made a tremendous leap in the positive direction just by moving to this new location.

My dad is undergoing open-heart by-pass surgery right now and I am my mom's Matt Friday I suppose I could call myself. I am the person who makes sure she eats (her cook), buys her supplies (personal shopper), gets her to where she is going (travelling secretary and chauffeur), her houseboy (self explanatory), her pep-coach, her memory (making sure she eats and takes her medicines...) and anything else that pops-up. I am happy to do it though sleeping at their home the past several nights after we leave seeing my dad each day has been heck on my sinuses. I am fairly allergic to cats and she has at least five more than too many as far as my nasal passages are concerned. Every little thing she comments on - I just coughed and she looked at me and asked, "are you okay?" I responded, "yes, I just coughed." I know her world is very small so I just brush things off. I sure do await my brother arriving from Hawaii in about five days. He can give me a break for a week or so. He and my mom get-on very well. I would say my brother is like my mom and I am more like my dad.

It really makes me a bit sad every time she talks to me and calls my dad "your uncle." There are many other things that sadden me even more but I don't think I want to make this sad and mopey.

I really do not know what is going on in the world. I have listened or read no news. All that really matters right now is here in this hospital. I suppose this is what they mean when they say someone's "world is so small." I cannot help but think of the words "after all." Thanks Walt Disney."
Happy to work "It's a Small World" and Hawaii in together

I just now got a call that "they are just about ready to put him on the bypass machine and everything is going well."  That is such a nice thing that they call you on your cell phones these days to alleviate some of the anticipation and worry. I suppose that it is more so people don't bug them all day long.

I did manage to go weigh-in on Tuesday and I only lost 1.4 pounds this week. I suppose that is a lot better than gaining LBS and a bit better than staying the same weight. That makes around 17.5 pounds since late December. I have only been eating salads and fruits and drinking only water but I am not eating as much fruits, vegetable and salads as I usually do so my system may be slowing down noticing that it isn't getting as much fresh foods as usual. It is kind of nice that our bodies slow down to hold food/energy in storage if they think we are starving but our brains should communicate with our stomachs a bit more efficiently. Maybe the stomachs just aren't good listeners?

I kept writing and deleting and writing and deleting and writing and deleting of what had being said to me and, upon my sudden (and undoubtedly temporary)  growth and maturity I stuck with the deleting part.

It is very odd sleeping in the bedroom and in the same old bed that I slept in from just before seventh grade until I went off to college. I am fairly certain that it is the same exact MATTress.

I have to end as I have an issue to deal with (don't worry it is not with my dad rather my other charge). Thanks for your nice thoughts and words for stopping here whenever I write. If and when we ever get to doing another load of Dirty Laundry Podcast again we will have a lot of fun and funny and sad things to talk about. Right now that is a future thing. So, TTT maybe Tomorrow...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment