Wednesday, February 17, 2016

I Sure Know How to Work Myself Up

Is this the sign out front pointing to their office?
I just sent off my union dues this morning. Is it a coincidence that the Metropolitan Alliance of Police headquarters office is located on Remington Boulevard? I suppose that comes off of Winchester Lane and Colt Avenue inside of Smith & Wesson Industrial Park in Glocktown, Rugerinois.

I just got back from O'Hare International Airport after dropping my brother off to fly home. He had the nerve to complain that he had a MIDDLE seat on the flight to Los Angeles. I am not sure what seat he will have on the plane from L.A. to Hawaii but I would sit in the baggage compartment where is is zub-zero to leave Illinois in the winter to fly to Hawaii.

Cha Cha and I are going to see Creedence Clearwater Revival Revisited on Saturday. It will be great for her since she has been working 20 hours a day for the past month or so. The band still has some of the original members: Doug "Cosmo" Clifford (drums) and Stu Cook (bass guitar and back-up vocals). I guess that is half of the original members; they are just missing the Fogherty boys (Tom and John). Tom died of AIDS from a tuberculosis infection in 1990. Who knows? Maybe John will be in the area and just surprise us and show up. But, since he refused to perform with the surviving members of the band at their induction into The Rock and Roll Hall-of-Fame it would be an Earth-shaking event if he showed-up this weekend. I am not sure who the other members will be on Saturday but that have had people like: Elliot Easton from The Cars and and Tal Morris from Huey Lewis and the News, Kurt Griffey from World Class Rockers...  So, it is not quite a tribute band since it has half of the original members in it I suppose? Either way, we like CCR's music and are really looking forward to the show. I was always saddened that they had their songs pretty much stolen from them by their record company; the love of money is the root of all evil in pretty much every facet of the American way - especially in the entertainment world.
Maybe it's time for another Band Aid or USA For Africa 

Speaking of music - I did not watch the Grammy Awards. These types of shows: Grammy's. Emmy's, Academy Awards, all-star games and the like are just more fuel for these already inflated egos. Most of these people don;t have any concept of what the other 80% of us go through each and every day. Why should we honor and pay tribute to people who are already living extraordinary lives? I just think it is ridiculous. I like to watch their movies and hear their songs and see their television shows and read their books but why should they be treated better than anybody else? I do respect the people who make it big and help the less fortunate of the world. People like: J.K. Rowling, Crad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Morgan Freeman, Madonna, Ellen DeGeneres, Beyonce', Mel Gibson, Matt Damon, Jamie Gertz, George Lucas, Will Smith, Herb Alpert, Jada Pinkett Smith, Taylor Swift, Sandra Bullock, Elton John, Bono, Susan Sarandon, Michael J. Fox, Paul McCartney, George Clooney, Willie Nelson, Oprah, Matthew McConaughey, Tom Hanks, Ben and Jerry, Gary Sinise... These are the ones I can think of immediately and I am sure there are many more and, perhaps, I am misinformed on some of them. These are the ones appear that way to me and come immediately to mind. Some may just do it so I mention them in the blog but, no MATTer what the reason, they help people who need help.

Yes, I am a bleeding heart and a liberal. They don't always go hand-in-hand but I am proudly guilty of both.
Maybe you should keep your dreams to yourself and in-check like the rest of us?!
Speaking of Charity and helping others - Kanye West was on Saturday Night Live this past Saturday (guest host Melissa McCarthy - very funny) and now there is a Go Fund Me account to try to help Kanye get out of debt. He Tweeted Mark Zuckerburg (Facebook founder) asking him for financial help. I guess Zuckerburg is the right guy to go to when you're $53.000,000 in debt but Zuckerberg has not responded (nor should he). It would have been smarter to use Zuckerberg's Facebook rather than Twitter to beg for money; what a rookie mistake.

I have preached to the choir enough for today; I will get down off of my pulpit. Thank you for reading the word according to Matt In The Middle today. Oh, I forgot - yesterday I weighed-in and I only lost .2 pounds (that is "point two") this week. That is my lowest loss since I started in late December but it is better than gaining. I predict a big drop over this next week. Have a great rest of you day and night. I think I will blog again tomorrow after Matt's Taxi Service takes my mom to her doctor's appointment tomorrow. I think I also get Cha Cha back tomorrow night (when I pick her up) TTTT(hopefully)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment