Monday, February 22, 2016

You'll Blog Your Eye Out!

Today is National Mattgarita Margarita Day. I cannot see why February 22nd is the day they chose. I even went to www.nationalmargaritaday.com and still do not know why 2/22 is the day. Based on the "sponsors:" Pura Vida tequila, Margarita Man margarita mix, Margarita Man margarita machine, Margarita Clip which allows you to clip a beer upside-down in your margarita to make a beerarita (originally a Coronita using Corona beer) and On The Border Mexican Grill and Cantinait is really just like Ovaltine in A Christmas Story. You'd think that Jimmy Buffett would get involved? I used to do a weekly radio show on Jimmy Buffett's Radio Margaritaville for a couple of years called The Mattgarita Happy Hour: why wasn't I smart enough to capitalize on a National Margarita Day? Margaritas used to be my drink of choice but now I am mainly a water guy with occasional iced tea (unsweet for you in the south).

That reminds me - we recorded the new load of Dirty Laundry Podcast yesterday but I cannot edit and upload the show today for technical reasons. I should be able to edit the show tomorrow and have it up Tuesday or Wednesday. We have another new musical guest on this new show. He is the guy who opened-up for Creedence Clearwater on Saturday night. I am sure you saw the many videos I posted on my personal Facebook page; I admit that I got a bit carried away. What happened to the days when we couldn't take photos or videos during live performances? There were so many people recording on their phones you would have thought The Beatles were back together expect a couple of them are dead. I guess that is why The Beatles didn't let the invention of the cell phone with built-in photo and video cameras be invented back in the 1960's. Well played Ringo, Paul, George and John. I put Ringo first because everybody else always puts him last. He was the back beat of the group and always had to sit in the back and almost always gets final billing. I've got your back Richard Starkey!
 I wonder if I can get funding as an educational blog now? 

After the Creedence concert Cha Cha and I bought tickets to see John Fogherty in Las Vegas in the late summer. Who doesn't love to visit the Mojave Desert in the summer? We will be there about a week before the summer solstice just before the equinox so, other than being in the desert it should be great. Jill has never been to Vegas. I have been there several times on business; I am really looking forward to her seeing the bright light city; I think it will set her soul on fire. That makes me think about how excited and happy she was seeing Creedence on Saturday. She had worked so hard for her work's sales convention just before that and she really needed a fun night out to leave that all behind her. In fact, had she not had her sales meeting just before the concert we never even would have known about the CCR concert. We drove by the Arcada Theater (where Creedence played) and we saw the info on the marquee. We also spent the night at the hotel right across the river (we walked) where we had our wedding reception back in 1988; Hotel Baker or The Baker Hotel.

If this is your driver (taxi, limo, car service...) maybe wait for the next one?
I have a very good friend who is an Uber driver as a second job and I have thought about doing the same after talking to him. Splenda uses Uber on a regular basis and has only great things to say about them. I wonder how the incident with the Uber driver in Kalamazoo, Michigan shooting and killing six (suspected) random people in Kalamazoo, Michigan yesterday? I know the company does background checks on their drivers and I also know that background checks cannot always predict (probably rarely can predict) if and when someone might snap in the future. The damning thing that I heard was that one of the riders earlier in the evening called Uber and reported that this driver had behaved erratically: driving through medians, speeding, driving through lawns... He said the driver also had his dog with him when he was driving. The rider/caller also told Uber that when the driver came to a stop he (the rider) just got out and ran away. Didn't David Berkowitz (Son of Sam) say that his neighbor's dog was one of the reasons he killed people? The dog supposedly told David that he "needed blood from pretty young girls." Not to make light of that but I had Jeff with me in the JEEP when I went to pick-up Potillo's food last night. Other than liking AC/DC a great deal Jeff is not out for blood. Incidentally, I just had the chopped salad with no pasta, no cheese and no bacon.

I cannot believe that it is already almost 17:00. I think I will end now. I am sorry I wrote about a few bummer things today (I guess just the one as I looked back). I may blog tomorrow depending on how the editing of the show goes; I may even start editing tonight when the equipment I need arrives.Thanks, so much, for stopping by today; I am always happy that you do. Have a great evening or whatever time it is where you are. TTTT (most likely)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment