Friday, January 29, 2016

I Feel the Need, the Need for... (not speed)

Henri "Papillon" Charriere (Steve McQueen)
I am in a crabby mood today. I didn't know why but then I looked at the calendar and realized that it is the end of the month (my time of the month). So, there is nothing I can do about the mood other than wait for my time to pass.

I am still eating mainly salads and fruits and vegetables. Occasionally I will have a corn tortilla or two. I am getting pretty creative with the salads and the tortillas. I suppose people throughout history lived only on gruel got creative with that too. Even in prison they probably add cockroaches or ants and such for protein. A mouse or a rat would be a wonderful change for these people I imagine. Kind of like being on Survivor probably. I, at least, add turkey or grilled chicken to my salads once in awhile. There is always giardiniera in them though - ALWAYS!

I saw that Donald Trump is declaring a victory over Fox News by not participating in the most recent Republican debate. I am not sure how that is a victory but everything he does is the biggest or best or UGE! I think this is just another thing he is doing to try to lose votes but it does not seem to be working. He says "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue (New York City) and shoot someone and I wouldn't lose any voters, okay!" That is not saying much about how he feels about his voters. I sincerely hope that people would not vote for someone who would do this. I cannot even imagining voting for a person who even said something like this. But, I venture to guess his numbers even rose. I have said, since the beginning of his campaign, that he wants the attention and headlines and probably tax shelters and he would throw the election. He won't quit, it seems, but his Kool-Aid drinkers seem to still be behind him. He cannot handle Fox News-person Megyn Kelly and we want him to handle some of the tough foreign leaders and foreign affairs?
Megyn Kelly is pretty frightening I suppose
We still have not recorded an new podcast yet. Life sure does get in the way of things. Maybe this weekend though the weekend seems kind of action-packed. I predict we record on Sunday?

I really have a hankerin' to do some live gambling. I think the last time I did any live gambling was in Prague. There are several places to that near here but I can never seem to find the time. I used to have large poker tournaments here at the house (for entertainment purposes only, of course) but it has been a long time. We would have 15 - 20 people here No-Limit Texas Hold'em games. The basement is now an exercise room, a recording studio and and a large bedroom. Plus the area in the back and in the partial crawl space for storage (holiday stuff and mementos along with four folded-up poker tables). I have always loved competition (sports, contests, games, gambling...). I am not sure if that will ever die in me, That is probably my number six most annoying trait - too competitive at times. I blame Drum & Bugle Corp and boyhood sports for that because it could not just be a trait in my DNA.

Okay, I feel better after writing though I am stuffed-up now. Great, now I am allergic to blogging. Thanks a lot for stopping by - I am always happy that you stop by. I am almost certain I will not blog tomorrow and, hopefully, we will record a new load of Dirty Laundry Podcast on Sunday and I will edit and upload that on Monday. But, who the heck knows? TTT I blog ya again...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment