Thursday, January 14, 2016

"Never Forget" Seems to be a Theme of My Year

 One of my favorite guests we ever had on our show - Magda Brown 
I'm bloggin' in the railway station, picking up Splenda from her destination. I brought my book and stuff with me, reading about old history. At least that is my short-term plan. She's Homeward Bound! Yes, she is. Homeward bound...

As promised, the podcast is back up though we decided to find a new home (hosting company). We were on Podomatic for about three years and now we are on Buzzsprout. I like the sound of Buzzsprout better than Podomatic even though the latter has my name in it. The show we uploaded was our 137th show though we did 162 shows before we went on our short hiatus. Short is such an ambiguous term. So, if you want to listen to the show that was just posted (again) CLICK THIS LINK which will take you to the Dirty Laundry Podcast Facebook page and you can listen to it right on your handheld device (phone...) or you can just listen to it from your computer. This particular show was with Magda Brown that we recorded at the Illinois Holocaust Museum in Skokie. Magda is a Jewish woman, originally from Hungary, who was sent to a Nazi concentration camp as a 17-year-old girl. I will not go on because then why would you listen to the show? Though, she does the story much more justice than I ever could do it as she lived (and survived) it.

I read that Powerball winning tickets were sold in three states and none of them were Illinois and I did not buy my tickets in: Tennessee, California or Florida so I guess I didn't win 1/3rd of the big money. I am still hopeful that I won a couple of thousand or a million or something. I know I will get a thank-you card from the three people who won for helping them be multi-millionaires. We really could have used the money because our microwave just went out two days ago. We bought a new dishwasher earlier this winter and now the microwave. I am assuming that we have lived here long enough that all of the new appliance that we bought when we moved-in here have all simultaneously reached their expiration dates. We really do take these conveniences for granted. Fortunately, our washer and dryer were replaced a few years ago. We have also replaced the refrigerator not long ago so I guess we may be good for a bit. I am happy we didn't win the big money because who wants yo file bankruptcy?
 Thank goodness we didn't win. Who needs that paperwork? 

I am going to end here because I am not getting much reading done and that is what I was really looking forward to other than Splenda's arrival which far surpasses my excitement of reading. I will let you know tomorrow if I won any money at all. No word means no money. Have a great day and try to stay warm. They are talking flooding here today so I am assuming that means that it will get warmer and all of this snow will turn into slush and water. We cannot have anything nice. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment