Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Soup is Falling, the Soup is Falling!

 I should have put some acorn squash in it to tie this in (maybe next time) 
I am ready for a nap; it has been a pretty busy day. I went grocery shopping this morning and then I went to my weekly fat-guy pep talk and weigh-in. I lost two pounds this week which makes 10.4 pounds in two weeks. If I keep this up I should be almost invisible by the end of the year. When I got home I made a five-gallon (maybe it is five quarts now that I blog about it) pot of chicken and whole grain pasta soup. Technically, I used whole grain penne pasta so I am calling it Henne Penne Soup (patent, copyright and trademarks pending). Maybe The Sky is Falling Soup would be good too but that doesn't tell enough. The soup is pretty good if I do say so myself but it does have a bit of a kick to it. The only ingredient that I added that may be responsible for the kick is garlic. I suppose the black pepper could assist in that but I didn't use much pepper, I also grilled the chicken breasts in garlic and rosemary (we were out of Morey Amsterdam) before I cut them into small pieces and added them. I hope it is not to kicky for the other members of the house because five gallons of soup will last me quite awhile. That's why freezers were invented though I could just put it outside foe awhile right now. I could start my own soup kitchen and help the needy I suppose.

Side note - I grilled the chicken on the panini maker that we have had for several years. I don't think it has grilled a panini in about six or sever years but I grill chicken on it quite often in the colder or rainier months. Why did Ron Popeil, and the like, do that to us? More accurately, why did we need Pocket Fishermen and Sledge-O-Matics Veg-O-Matics and electric pasta makers and beef jerky machines and the like? The old ways worked just fine and it didn't litter our cupboards with things that only had one function. "But wait, there's more..." That's what Goodwill and The Salvation Army are for I suppose, So, I took a panini maker and turned it into an indoor grill - new function. "Conjunction Junction what's a panini maker's function? Grilling chicken and making grilled cheese with cool grill marks." (I know you sang that in your head didn't you?)
That makes me remember something from yesterday. It was cold out, though not as cold as it is today, and I was driving up Annie Glidden Road (up is Northbound) near The Elks Club, you know where I'm talking about. I saw an adult person (I could not tell if it was a male or a female because of the bundled-up clothing) walking kind of briskly with a little boy (I am guessing six or seven) struggling to keep up. I surmised that they were headed to the bus stop and I wanted to stop and ask them if they needed/wanted a ride. Then I thought, I have done this before and people looked at me like I am a masher or something so I kept going this time. I over-think everything so then I think, even if I stopped to ask them if they need a ride, they will probably say, "no" because what is that teaching the child about taking rides from strangers? I have some identification that I could show this adult that would probably make them less leery to ride with me but people can fake identifications and that may also sent the wrong message to the youngster. A several thousand maniacs have ruined things for the rest of the world. I wish we could go back to the times when people could trust other people and their intentions. Maybe when Ron Popeil was around we were more trusting or I wouldn't have a panini maker in my cupboard.

With the Powerball jackpot for tomorrow night at about $1,500,000,000 (one-and-a-half million dollars) I heard on the radio today that one-third of all Powerball winners ends-up declaring bankruptcy. I guess Donald Trump must have won the Powerball jackpot four times. Why would Powerball winners have to declare bankruptcy? Are they getting bamboozled by people? I know that I would not declare bankruptcy but I am a boring person. I know exactly what we will do when we win the big jackpot tomorrow -  #1 disappear from planet Earth. The End! Weird, just as I typed that I got an email from Ally Bank. We have done financial business with them in the past and they are probably sending emails to everyone in their computers in case they win the Powerball. Do you have a branch not on planet Earth Ally Bank? What we will do is take care of the people we love, pay-off everything we owe on (which is not much actually) and then travel and stay being moving targets. I would also leave Facebook and all other social media which is probably a good idea anyway.

So, I will end now for, what I hope, is my second to last blog unless I can get a spy computer that cannot be tracked after I win the big money tomorrow night. Try to stay warm and if you're hungry let me know because we have plenty of Henne Penne to go around. Jeff just came in from outside and it sounds like he is wearing tap shoes as he has ice frozen to the bottom of his paws so I have to go assist him in remedying that predicament.

Have a great night and thanks for dropping-in. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment