Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Gettin' My Move-On Again

Cha Cha and I have not been able to find time to record the new podcast this week. We uploaded the one last week and still hope to get one recorded, edited and launched this week but I would not hold my breath with you. It has been a crazy week. Cha Cha had a root canal and Splenda had her wisdom teeth out so far. Next week is another big week in the same sense so who knows what will happen?! Good thing that the podcast is free as is this blog or I would feel even more guilty than I do.

It is nice having Splenda here though she had hoped to head back south where it is warmer by now. She has a follow-up appointment with the wisdom teeth dude on Monday and then she will head back south where it is warmer sometime after that.

Yesterday I found time to do six miles. I have not moved quite that much in one time in quite awhile. When I was done, of course I was tired, but I also now have a large blister on the bottom of my foot. I am sure it is because I only have half a big toe on that foot (from a mishap when I was 17-years-old) and the socks and shoes rub weird after that long of a stretch. It might be that I should wear different size sock for each foot? My work boots, when I bought them a couple of years back. I did a switch-a-room and got a 10-1/2 for the right foot and a 10 for the left foot. I bet the guy who bout the reverse pair later was surprised that he right foot seemed to have shrunk. I sure did sleep like a baby last night though. I am not sure why we use that saying as babies don't normally sleep very soundly throughout the entire night. I should have used the "sleep like a log" thing. Or, does that have to do with snoring because that sounds like "sawing logs?" How about I slept like a hibernating bear?
I wish Jeff was more calm like Butkus so I could take him with me

Weigh-in day was yesterday and I lost another 3.4 pounds last week; that makes 16.2 LBS since December 29th. I guess that averages to losing just a bit over four pounds a week. I am fairly pleased with that; it also seems like a healthy rate to me. Cha Cha is doing very well also. I will not share her specifics as that is for her to do if she wishes. I will just say that I am very proud of her.

This morning I worked in the basement again. After getting the room done to allow more space for our new live-in guests that are coming soon I thought it would be nice to get a work-out room together again. So, now we have a work-out room down there too. We have lots of equipment: excise bike, treadmill, free weights and bench, weight machine, sit-up bench... We even have one of those sit-up chairs. I also have a television with a built-in DVD player and a VHS player in this new space. That made getting the room ready go faster too as I watched Braveheart and about half of The Big Lebowski. We have lots and lots of movies so I am sure work-outs will seem to go faster than they really do too. Yesterday I just listened to The Eagles station on my phone while pretending to be Rocky Balboa. I imagine it's tougher to watch videos when you are actually moving horizontally and not just running in one place on a conveyor belt.

Buy and stupid looking car or saving lives? Easy call for me!
I heard that they are going to begin producing the DeLorean DMC-12 again. That is the car that Marty McFly traveled Back to the Future in. I do not see that this car is very practical. I would probably change my mind on that if it actually traveled through time. With the doors opening like wings how could you get in and out in a typical garage? How could you park in a parking lot and open the doors without hitting the car next to you? Maybe they are just for wealthy people like Marty and Doc Brown? You would have to either park it outside or have a very large garage at your house. I just checked and they will cost "just under $100,000." I just if you paid that much for a car you probably have a barn-sized garage already. Who pays that much for a car unless you are a collector or a car museum or Donald Trump or a lottery winner? One car could feed an awful lot of hungry, malnourished people for quite awhile. This kind of thing sickens me when there is so much starvation and poor living conditions in this world. When I started writing this paragraph I thought it was pretty cool until I looked up the price for one car. Disgraceful.

Okay, I am going to stop now and eat my salad. Salad, chicken and fruit is pretty much all I eat these day. Good thing that I like those things. But, if I didn't, I don't suppose I would eat them would I? Thanks for stopping by again. I am not sure when I will blog again or when the next load of Dirty Laundry Podcast will be recorded, edited and launched but I will tell you when it is. Enjoy everything 'til I talk at you or to you again. TTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment