Sunday, January 3, 2016

Life is Good

I am finally beginning the blog at 18:23. It was a pretty busy and productive day. Cha Cha and I took her sister to breakfast as we do most Sunday mornings and then we went to Menard's to get some things for Cha Cha's home office. After that we went to get some groceries and we did not even contemplate going to Walmart. Cha Cha has been anti-Walmart for quite some time and I am finally on-board even if the things we get are a bit more expensive at other places.

Cha Cha and I are both watching what we are eating and trying to walk more. For breakfast we went to The Junction and I had oatmeal with bananas and a fresh fruit plate. Since we began on December 28th I have already lost eight pounds. I know that rate of loss will slow down but a good loss will happen when one goes from a see-food diet to eating mainly fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, chicken and turkey. I eat at least one salad per day (most days two or three salads). I will say the thing that has been helping the most is that I use giardiniera as the dressing. We have four kinds of giardiniera in the house but my favorite is Ditka's. As far as the walking part - I have walked more than 10,000 steps (a bit more than five miles) every day since 12/28.

I just got done painting a second coat of paint on the walls in our soon-to-be new room in the basement. I am very happy that I don't have to hide the entrance behind a bookshelf or something. Most of my walking steps today and yesterday came from doing the painting (filling the pan, up and down the ladder, moving down the walls...).  We will be happy to be providing a home to a few more people soon. I hope they learn to like giardiniera (maybe I hope they don't now that I think of it). I then showered and am now sitting in my jammies talking to you. I smell delicious or maybe that is the turkey meatloaf?
 Cha Cha and I really enjoyed this film 
Last night Cha Cha and I vegged-out (no pun intended) and watched a few movies after a busy day. We rented Spy from Red Box (not one inside of Walmart). We saw it in the theater when it first came out and we really liked it a great deal, obviously since we wanted to see it again. I think we even laughed more this time than we did when we first saw it. After that we watched Philomena on Netflix. Cha Cha and I both gave it five stars and we rated it that way on Netflix. Not a comedy but very heart-warming and a touching drama. You know how I am about movies based on true events and stories. After that we watched WWII in Color on Netflix. I made it through three episodes but I guess Cha Cha hung-on for five total episodes. It is really good and the way they tell the story of World War II is very good and informative; I learned many things that I never knew. I will, over time, watch the entire series. It is odd seeing the clips all in color.

My feet and legs are really beginning to ache just sitting here typing. What else did I do? I baked a ground turkey meatloaf. I make great turkey meatloaf and it only has two ingredients - ground turkey and giardiniera. I have been making this for years. I will never run a restaurant so I will give you that secret recipe for free. If you make money off of the idea some royalties or free drinks would be nice. I also cleaned the kitchen - AGAIN! That never stops. We have a new dishwasher and this new one is pretty great and makes doing the dishes easier. Thank-you Maytag! I think I wrote here when we first got it that it was a Whirlpool but that was incorrect. The Maytag repairman had time on his hands so he let me have it about that one. It is running right now about eight feet from me and I cannot even hear it.
 Gordon Jump was my favorite one - ,maybe because of WKRP? 

Ha, the clothes dryer is calling saying that it is done - I forgot I was doing laundry too. Man, I would be quite a catch if I weren't already caught. And, no I am not available for catch-and-release. I will be right back to wrap this up in a few minutes; I like to fold the clothes before they cool-off and get even a thought of wrinkling.

I am back. The laundry reminds me that I put another bag of drier lint out for the birds again today. I don't know if you read the blog when I wrote about how I saved the drier lint and, when I get a lot, I put it out where we feed the birds and the squirrel so they can use it for their nests. I imagine they appreciate the feed and the corn more than the lint but if it help even one squirrel or one bird I am pleased.

Okay, I am pretty wiped-out so I am going to break for today. Thank you so much for letting me remember what I did since yesterday. My memory is much better and I have not had any "episodes" for about a month I think. I guess I am cured for now. I am sure the better diet has helped. I hope you have a great night. If you think of some movies we should watch on Netflix or Hulu or Red Box or HBOGo or any of the other vehicles we have at our disposal please let me know and I will keep sharing the gems and flops we find too. TTTT...MITM (our) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment