Friday, January 22, 2016

See, I Still Blog on Occasion!

One of the drawings provided to us by The Lost Sock (Cha Cha's Bro)
Well, it's been a week since I last blogged and, now that we have the first new Dirty Laundry Podcast show up I have a few days to focus on something else before we record again. Probably the easiest way to listen is to join the Dirty Laundry Podcast Facebook page and you will be alerted when a new show is available. You then can just click the link and listen while you blog or surf the interweb or do the dishes or drive... or, if you have an iTunes account, the shows are also available there. Since I have not used my iPod for a couple of years I just listen to it on my phone. I just talked wrote myself into clicking the link and am listening to the new load while I write this.

If you have listened to the show you know that I promised Cha Cha that I would start binge-watching Game of Thrones. In keeping my promise I watched season one episodes one and two yesterday on HBO GO. I will probably watch a few more episodes today. I was not surprised to learn that it is awesome and I love it. I just never wanted to watch an episode without watching knowing the character histories and such.

Today is our normal refuse (trash) pickup day but I was not sure if, since Monday was the day that we celebrated Martin Luther King Junior's birthday whether they would pick it up today or not. So as not to miss the truck I put it out last night in hopes that St. Trash Collector soon would be here. I hear the trucks rolling now and am glad that I put the refuse out. I am a bit sad that we call MLK Day a holiday (with the Uniform Monday Holiday Act as you may have heard about on a certain show that is, ones again, being shamelessly plugged).

Today is Fabio's birthday and he doesn't want us to say anything about it or celebrate it in any way. Please do not tell him that I even mentioned it in today's blog. I do agree that, when we get past ten or twelve celebrating birthdays is kind of silly. To be honest, I think it is even silly celebrating Jesus' birthday. If Jesus were here I know he would agree with me. We don't even give Christmas presents here anymore. We just do something fun as a family and make time to spend with one another. This past Christmas the four of us. and my parents, went to see the A Christmas Story play at The Paramount Arts Center in Aurora, IL.. Saving and spending time with one another is plenty for us now and really always was.

Today is also the anniversary of the day Heath Ledger died. He was a very talented young man and he seemed to be a genuinely kind and gifted person. I cannot imagine what he would have accomplished by now were he still among us above-grounders. I thought of him while I watched Game of Thrones as he was in a film with the man who portrays Robert Baratheon (Mark Addy).

HERE COMES THE POLITICAL PARAGRAPH though, who doesn't like to hear other opinions?

I am so happy that Sarah Palin has joined the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Campaign again. In my opinion, you can never have enough clowns at a circus train wreck or something like that. To me this is just further evidence that Donald Trump doesn't really want to become President and he'll do and/or say anything just to try to get out without quitting. Sadly for him, this will probably bolster his numbers with his supporters. In the meantime, I will just sit back and enjoy the three-ringed show. I must admit that I do enjoy listening to both sides of any argument or debate before I make a decision. I am not closed-minded enough to rule-out ever voting for one side or the other but I need to be shown that my decision is justified. I make choices based on the information that is provided to me straight from the elephant's or donkey's or whatever animal represents the independent's or whomever's party's mouth. Most politicians, I have found, talk out of the other side of their anatomies anyway; they just tell their followers what they think they want to hear.
This is one of Simon's drawerings. The Lost Sock's are better!

Okay, I have many things to try to accomplish today so I had better wrap-up. Thank you for stopping-in and for hanging on for the new podcasts while we were getting healthy (not wealthy and wise though unfortunately) again. I hope you listen to the new shows every week or so. I will remind you here because I am a pest but you will learn sooner if you subscribe or follow Dirty Laundry Podcast on the Facebook. The show is worth just hearing some great music, hearing Eric Solfisburg's theme songs and looking at The Lost Socks drawerings. Have a great day and I will blog again soon. Who knows? Maybe even tomorrow. TTTWhenever the mood strikes me...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment