Wednesday, January 6, 2016

I Blog About One of the Things You're Not Supposed to Blog About Again

On the way to see the doctor this morning I heard a radio commercial that said "(such and such) was the last thing on my mind." I don't think we can possibly know what the last thing on our mind is because as soon as we think of that thing it is the first thing that is on our mind. If, right before we die, we tell somebody what we are thinking and then we immediately die I believe that is the closest we can ever come for anyone to know what the last thing on our mind is. But, you would have to die the same second that you said what it was to make that stay true. I don't think you can even know "the furthest thing" from your mind either now that I think of it. This entire paragraph was the furthest and last thing on my mind until I started writing it. Our minds sure are tricky aren't they? I suppose that is where the phrase, "my mind plays tricks on me" comes from.
  Yet, we are made in God's image to question 

While I was sitting and waiting for my name to be called at he doctor's office I saw a copy of The Watchtower sitting on the table. Since I like fiction as much as fact, I decided to see what the Jehovah's Witnesses had on their minds on November 1, 2015. The first article was called "How Does God View War?" I instantly thought that he must be a big fan of war epics because I think there has been at least one war going on in the world since 2700 BCE. Yes, that is an actual abbreviation - it means "Before the Common (or Current) Era" - I think it may be just a Mormon term but I am not certain of that. Anyway, the article says, "Many think that God approves of war. They reason that he commanded some of his worshippers in the past to engage in warfare; the Bible records as much. Others, however note that God's Son, Jesus, taught his followers to love their enemies (Matthew 5:43, 44). So they reason that at some point God's view of war changed and that today he disapproves of war." It is a god's prerogative to change his/her mind. My questions is what about the "thou shalt not kill" part of the top ten? Was there supposed to be war just to maim and rape and pillage and steal and not to kill? I have my own views of religion, as I do with politics, and I know we all have our own thoughts. I doubt that any of us are 100% right about either. I am hard-pressed to think of a time in recorded history when there has ever been total peace and harmony in the entire world. There has even been war "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" among the Stars. I dare say that there has always been war and there always will be war. I brought the magazine or pamphlet or leaflet or whatever it is called home with me as, if there can be war, thou can steal too. I am not sure if this is classified as stealing as that is what the JW's give to people for free and, according to my doctor, I am a people. I can always justify everything I do in some way. I could write a whole book on my thoughts on the Jehovah's Witnesses but that is not what my novel will be about.

Now I have Jimi Hendrix stuck in my head! He is much larger than I thought so, of course, he didn't fit entirely as my brain isn't that large.
The incredible edible baked hard -"boiled" egg
One of the things that Cha Cha and I have been eating a lot of for this entire year are eggs. Mostly hard-boiled either stand-alone or on salads. I just got done cooking 18 eggs. Many people who would see them and eat them would think that I hard-boiled them. I discovered a way to cook "hard-boiled" eggs without boiling them. This way also makes so the yolks do not crumble like they do when they are hard-boiled yet the yolks are not solid rock-hard. Today's cooking tip - preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (or it's equivalent in Celsius or Kelvin or whatever you measure heat in where you are). While the oven is warming-up place eggs in a muffin pan with each egg getting his or her own little compartment as if they were all riding on a train or a plane. No need to grease the pan. I used a mini-muffin tin because that had 24 compartments so it could house my 18 eggs. The usual cupcake pans have twelve spots, I believe, so that would be great for 12 eggs. Anyway, I baked them for 30 minutes in the pan. When the timer told me they were ready I took them out and put them into an ice bath (water and ice) in the sink, though I am sure you could do it in a bowl too if that is more to your liking. Of course, I had to eat one right away and it was perfect inside. Some of the outsides got little brown spots on them either from the heat of perhaps there was still some residual cooking spray from muffins cooked in the pan previously. I ate the one with the most brown spots on the outside first and found no browning inside. So, now I have the other 17 back in their original egg carton and will put them in the fridge and crack as wanted. Another bonus, no pan to clean - just let it cool and put it back in the cupboard. I guess you could just put them on the rack too if you don't have a muffin pan who lives on Drury Lane.
They are this kind of rugs (whatever that is)

I also made a HUGE pot of porridge. I actually made oatmeal but porridge is more fun to say even though I know they are not the same thing. I am letting it cool and then I will put it in a container (probably containerS)  and I will put in the refrigerator so it can be heated when wanted. We should start a farm with all of the eggs, oatmeal and the eleven cooked chicken breasts in the refrigerator. This is farm country out this way you know.

I have a bunch of stuff to burn in the backyard this afternoon. Many cardboard boxes and some rugs from preparing that room in the basement. The rugs are made of bamboo or something similar. Jeff loves when there are fires in the backyard. He will be out there herding the smoke; smoke cannot be herded Jeff you silly Collie. It gives him a purpose and that is all any living thing really needs at the root of it all.

I am going to end now because I have much more to get done. I appreciate you seeing what I am up to and what I have on my mind today. I hope you are doing something blog-worthy too. Most of what I do isn't blog-worthy until I blog about it. I guess that makes everything blog-worthy. Have a great rest of your day and a nice night. Stay home if you can and you live in these MIDDLEwestern parts. It is supposed to get really cold again tonight and there will probably be ice falling from the sky. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment