Friday, January 15, 2016

Shave and a Haircut are More than Two Bits Now

Yesterday I was told that Splenda's train was to arrive in Aurora at 13:00 when, in fact, it arrived in Chicago at 13:00 and not until 15:00 in Aurora. So, after learning this, I went and bought some bananas and headed back to the train station to read more of my book and eat two bananas in the car. Nature was calling so I went into the station for a moment. As I walked inside a young man, maybe in his mid-to-late twenties, asked me if I could spare some money for him to get a haircut.  He said he had $5 but a haircut cost $18 as he pointed to the haircut kiosk or shop or whatever it was inside the train depot. I said I'd pay for his haircut and we walked over and I paid the barber $20 so he would have a $2 tip. They both shook my hand and I walked away. Thank you for making me even more of a better person Richard Gere!

I know I have written about Gere researching for the role of being homeless by walking the streets of New York in his getup from the movie. I just, finally, saw the film that he studied this role for yesterday morning. I got it Time Out of Mind at Red Box and returned it on the way out of town to the station. You cannot convince me that this was not all cosmically aligned. I believe in fate and destiny and karma as others believe what they believe. I am probably just as wrong as most but helping all the world's inhabitants, if we are able, sure seems like our duties as caring beings. I do know, as fact, it is the proper thing to do. I know Gere is just some dude who is working on his second divorce (his first divorce was from a woman, Cindy Crawford, who calls her childhood home the town where I currently reside) and is full of crap like the rest of us but, even though he is probably an arrogant, misogynistic, sexist, egomaniac I do agree with him on how to treat people who need a hand-up. However, he may have just said that to promote a movie that wasn't really that good. 

I finally checked my lottery numbers to see if I at least won two bucks and I ended-up donating to the new millionaires who won. I hope those people were people who really needed the money and not just some millionaires who just bought all the possible combinations to increase their wealth. If you were to buy tickets for all of the 175,223,510 combinations it would cost $350,447,020 at $2 per game. That would still be worth it if you won the entire billion-and-a-half alone. At half of the pot, with taxes, it may not even be worth it. I have never really been very good with arithmetic so I could be all wet, as I often am. 1/3rd of the pot would be a money-loser. Though, if you were a billionaire, you would probably have tax loopholes already

Tonight I will be volunteering to work at the Brian Regan comedy show at The Egyptian Theater here in town. I do not know what to expect as this is my first volunteer shift there. I also have no idea what I will be doing but I will do it my very best; I hope there will be no math. I am also having lunch with my buddy Mike today. I have not seen him in awhile so that should be nice. I would have said "no" because Splenda is home but she has a dentist appointment around lunch time so she will be busy anyway. 

Okay, I will end now as I have some shopping to do this morning also. What a busy, action-packed day and night this will be. I am not sure if I will blog this weekend with Splenda being home and Cha Cha and I recording a new Dirty Laundry Podcast also this weekend. Thank you for stopping by. Are you proud of me for not mentioning the Republican debate last night? It was not easy. TTT???...MITM (out) TA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment