Friday, July 18, 2014

I'm a Tampon?

All reading the blog & listening to Dirty Laundry Podcast
What a beautiful day. The sun is shining, the humidity is low The Weather Channel tells my phone that it is 76 decrees and "feels like" 76 degrees. Time 11:57. Best of all, I am off work (this is my Saturday night right now) and I am sitting on the patio under an umbrella blogging to you. It is weird how everybody has their own little universes right in the palms of their hands now isn't it? I used to make fun, in my mind, of all the tweens and teens having their faces planted in their electronic devises (mainly their phones). Now we're all doing it. The other night at the end-of-shift there were four of us full-grown MIDDLE-aged men all looking at our phones. We were checking our messages or catching-up on our Words With Friends or Googling a Marilyn Monroe film (that one was not me). Have we become more anti-social because of these devises? I don't find myself any more anti-social; just more well-informed. I have a blog and a podcast to do so I need to be up on everything and I have to be able to understand all of those Facebook jokes and memes don't I?

The cul-de-sac is sure hustling and bustling. The garbage man is out front emptying our trash right now and I hear the mail man motoring through the area. I am not sexist - they are both men. We do have a mail woman (that sounds weird) occasionally but I have never seen a garbage woman out this way. If it is an issue of the garbage weighing too much that should no longer be a concern. Waste Management gave everybody in our neighborhood free (to use) giant green rolling garbage cans; one with a yellow lid for recycling and the other with a green lid for regular trash. I am proud to say that the one with the yellow lid always flows-over and the green lidded one usually isn't even one-quarter full. They both have metal bars on the outside so the truck picks them up without the driver having to even having to tough the receptacle. I guess they are not really cans now that I think about it. They all have serial numbers on them so they know which ones are allotted to which houses. We are not required to use them. We could just put stuff on the curb but, they are so convenient that I do not know why you wouldn't used them?
This is how I feel most of the time

I don't think I am going to volunteer for any more special assignments at work. I have enough headaches in my day-to-day life without having to borrow more. Sometimes we are "required" to do extra duty shifts and I will, of course, do those. Depending on whether they are overtime hours may change my mind. I don't really care too much about the extra money but I do like parlaying those hours into extra vacation time (comp time). It seems, just like the adage goes, "no good deed goes unpunished." I guess all of those adages and parabled are based-on something aren't they?

I am listening to the radio while writing this and just heard that in the final season of Two-and-a-Half Men (thank goodness it is finally the final season) that Ashton Kutcher's character is going to Jon Cryer's character. I am sure it is a money reason reason or something but I don't care why they are getting married and will not watch this show. This is one of the dumbest shows that has been on television in history. I am ashamed that it has lasted as many seasons as it has. We are all different and, obviously, millions disagree with me. I bet Charlie Sheen will be on this episode too. Highly unlikely since I think he eas killed-off but I bet he is.

With all of the breaks between writing to throw the ball and Frisbee for Jeff it is 12:48 now. I should probably get out of my pajamas and off the patio and do something today. Thanks a lot for slowing down for a few moments to check-in (maybe even on your mobile devise). Enjoy the weather if you're in my neck of the MIDDLEwest. Lucky for you, most likely, your weekend is only hours away. TTTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment