Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Independence Blog

I am sitting on the patio enjoying my Saturday night (you call it Friday afternoon). Cha Cha, Jeff and I played like Europeans earlier today. We walked to the supermarket, got groceries and walked home. Jeff didn't get to go into the store because our town isn't quite that European yet. If you're not sure who Jeff is just click that red link up there and you can see his The Facebook page. We took my huge army backpack and several reusable grocery bags with us and filled those with food and walked back. I think the backpack weighed about 50 pounds on the way back. The store is about exactly .6 miles away. We were sure to get a loaf of French bread and celery stalks so we could complete the European feel with those items sticking out of the top of one of the bags.

Tonight we may have a fire in the backyard. We are not much into fireworks. Fires yes, works no. They're okay but they are not worth the crowds (mainly the traffic). Plus, being podcast celebrities as we are, it is difficult to be left alone. Not only that we have to record the new load of Dirty Laundry Podcast. The show is also free on iTunes. I know I plug the show a lot on the blog but there may be new people here and I really would like the podcast to be my job someday. I think I may try to fit in watching John Adams (with Paul Giamatti) again too. I like Paul Giamatti because: he seems nice, he is a good actor, he picks good roles and he has MATT in the middle(ish) of his last name. It has been several years since I watched the 7-part mini-series. I am fairly certain I will not watch the entire thing tonight but not 100% certain.

When we got back from our walk I mowed the lawn. I am pretty sure the person who wrote the scene where the trees were attacking Snow White was mowing the lawn when the idea came to her/him. I think I may have written that here before but, if I did, it was a while back. That reminds me - we should be getting the rest of our backyard fenced in this week. That will be really nice for almost everyone who lives up in this hizzy.

I am afraid if I start watching John Adams I may fall asleep. Naps are  for Thanksgiving not for Independence Day. Does anybody else think about Johnny Whitaker and Jodie Foster on the 4th of July? I'd like to have Johnny Whitaker on the show.

I am gonna mosey-on; there is lots more to do around here. Enjoy your fireworks and family and friends and booze and music and whatever Independence Day means to you. Thanks a lot for spending a few minutes of your independence with me. I may blog tomorrow but, more likely, I will be editing a world-famous podcast. TTTT or the next day or the next day...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment