Thursday, July 24, 2014

Damon, Roehlk, Weindorf and My Investigation

I guess I wasn't the first to think this
So another plane is missing? This time an Air Algerie plane. This is how The Bermuda Triangle myth started - disappearing planes and boats. The Bermuda Triangle must have sealed itself up because we haven't heard about anything missing from there in many years. You would think that, with our current technology, things couldn't just disappear. We could see a missile shoot down a plane just a week ago or so but then another plane disappears from the face of the Earth. I guess when it is war-related we are more motivated to find out what happened. I am happy that we are past The Bermuda Triangle and blaming extraterrestrials.

I think Matt Damon and John Cena should do a film where they play brothers.

While I was sleeping after my Friday shift was over (Wednesday night) I received a text from my childhood friend John (have known him since I was in fifth grade right before electricity was invented) asking if I want to go to the Cubs - Cardinals game on Saturday at 15:00. He has season tickets and is a Cubs' fan - I would LOVE to go but, Saturday night is my my Monday. I love the Cardinals, I love Wrigley Field, I love the rivalry and I love John but I had to say no. I wish we could just do whatever we wanted to do in life. I suppose the world would be quite a mess if we all just said "to Hell with it" whenever something more exciting got in the way of our responsibilities. It's taken me half a century to realize this. I would have said "I can go tomorrow" but A) that is presumptuous and rude and, B) we have a guest coming over to be on Dirty Laundry Podcast. How else am I going to see a canjo in person?
Now we're talkin'

Speaking of baseball, another great friend of most of my life (since 13th grade in 1982ish) Greg and I have been planning a baseball trip for next season. We have been throwing-out (pun accidental) many ideas. Greg texted me last night suggesting Detroit, Toronto and Cleveland. Two of those cities are American crapholes and the other one has a lunatic mayor; I love it. Maybe I will text LeBron and see if he wants to go to the Cleveland game with us. I love the idea that I have to use my passport to see a baseball game. I have seen a game in Toronto but that was before we needed our passports to get there and back. I also like Cuban cigars. There is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in one of those cities as well as the A Christmas Story house. And then there is Detroit. Toronto is a fantastic city. First we have to wait for the 2015 schedules to come out and then, we have to find dates when they are all at home within a three-four day span. The schedule typically comes out in September for the following season. The schedule dictates the route, sort of. Hopefully we can get some inter league games in as we are both National League guys (him Cubs and me Cardinals). I hope Greg enjoys the sound of snoring; I am told I am a first ballot Snoring Hall of Fame lock.

Tonight is Pizza Thursday. I may go down to the Farmer's Market in town today to get some ingredients. Every Summer Thursday in my MIDDLEwest town is Farmer's Market day downtown. It is a good Farmer's Market in a town known world-wide for farming (everybody knows Dekalb Corn). That reminds me - we are less than a month away form Corn Fest (free corn-on-the-cob there on that Saturday - complete with salt and butter).

I may have to come up with some new pizza ideas based on the ingredients I find. Maybe I will invent the leftover pizza (patent/copyright/trademarks pending). If  I do that this week we will have spaghetti and turkey meatball pizza along with chicken enchilada pizza.They both have red sauces so that is a good start. I need to come up with a white leftover pizza too before I market them to Tombstone.

I better get my butt in gear if I am going to ride my bike downtown; it's already 14:04. Working nights really messes-up the beginning of my weekend. The working doesn't actually mess it up it is really my sleeping. Thanks a lot for slowing down a bit and taking time to stop by here. I hope you have a great rest of your day. The way you feel, most likely, is the way I felt Tuesday night (that the weekend is right around the corner). I will blog tomorrow (99%). TTTT...MITM (safe at home) TA!

PB (Post Blog) - I just got an email from the lady in Milwaukee that I sent a message to a couple of weeks ago about Cha Cha's birthday gift. I was tempted to drive bag up and track her down. Cha Cha had seen some jewelry at a Farmer's Market (coincidentally) when we were up there about a month ago. I have been doing some detective work to track this lady down (through the market organizer...) and my investigation may be paying off. I will keep you abreast (LOL - I said breast) TA again!

No comments:

Post a Comment