Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Blogging Been Bery Bery Good To Me!

flash-forward two years
I am happy to be blogging; it feels like months since I last blogged but, as it turns out, it has only been five days. I have really missed writing. Does that make my blogging an addiction? Maybe it's just that a lot has been going on lately so it has been hard to find the time. There are a lot of household projects going on here. A few of the largest are: painting a couple of rooms and getting the backyard completely fenced-in (we had one side and part of the back fenced in when our previous neighbors had their hideous swimming pool installed near our yard). Now that house sits vacant and the pool had standing water in it. Nobody mows the lawn or takes care of anything. It's like one of those old rickety haunted houses in movies though it isn't rickety or 1313 Mockingbird Lane. One of the other neighbors has mowed the lawn three times this year so far because he was tired of seeing the VERY LONG grass. Cha Cha went over and weeded the front yard last week. Between that and the standing water that is drawing mosquitoes I am tempted to call the city. There is a realtor sign on the yard but they clearly don;t care. The house, I believe, was foreclosed upon and is now in short-sale which may explain the lack of realtor interest.You hear all sorts of rumors and stories when you live in a cul-de-sac. Then, some moron who still has news writing tendencies in his veins and heart, spreads unsubstantiated facts in his blog. The blog, however, is more editorial in style so he feels like he can write whatever he wishes without reprisal.
I have worn a Cards' jersey here before but not on a Friday night
Tonight is my Friday. Work has improved a great deal. We have a new Sergeant and she is awesome. I am fairly certain she doesn't read the blog so this is not buttering-up. She had been my Sergeant when I was in a different capacity in the department and she was great there too. I am much happier going to work again. I feel I will get even happier as things are changed.

This real Friday (in two days) my buddy Greg and I are going to the St. Louis Cardinals game. The game is actually in Milwaukee but I am rooting for the visiting team. It's gonna me like going to the 1982 World Series - hopefully with the same outcome. Maybe I will wear my robin egg blue Ozzie Smith shirt. Nothing says macho like a baby blue shirt. I may rethink that idea. The Braves' announcer, Bob Ueker, is a former Cardinal. He was on the 1964 Championship team. He also played in Milwaukee too but they were the Braves back then. I love Uek! I was at a Brewers' game just last two weeks ago. I got a Bob Ueker short and I may wear that under my Cardinals' jersey.  It just dawned on me that I have not been on a park tour of Milwaukee (Miller Park). Hey, I haven't been on tours of Wrigley Field or U.S. Cellular Field either. They are the three closest parks and I haven't been on their tours. I have been on stadium tours in: Washington, Baltimore, Texas (Rangers), Houston, Washington, St. Louis. I think that is it. I have been to Philadelphia and both New York parks (the old ones for the Mets and the Yankees) but couldn't get tours there when the time I was there. If you get a chance you should go on these tours. They are usually fairly inexpensive and you get to see lots of really cool stuff. You almost always get to go into the dug-out. You see the locker rooms, walk on the field (they won't let you get on the grass though), media booths, sky boxes (usually including the owners' box)... If you love baseball you need to do these tours. I love baseball as you probably have guessed. I also love road trips even of they are only for trips two hours away.

The new load of Dirty laundry Podcast is ready. I finished editing and got it uploaded yesterday. We talk a lot about our hospital visits and our recent trip to Milwaukee (not the one coming up in two days though that would be really cool if I could figure out how to do that).

Hey, the fence dudes are here. We must have passed the post hole inspection because they have post holes and a concrete mixer with them. I am going to go outside and bug them. I want to know what they are doing with OUR DIRT from the holes. There is an area near the house that Cha Cha wants to build-up so the dirt will come in handy. I am gonna tell them just to leave it and I will wheel barrow it up when they are done with the fence.

Thanks a lot for showing-up. I appreciate you reading the blog and listening to the show. Have a great rest of YOUR hump day. I am pretty sure I will blog again tomorrow on my Friday night/Saturday morning. TTTT...MITM (vapor) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment