Friday, July 25, 2014

Disco Is Not Dead

I said 99% I would blog today and the odds have just changed - the odds are now 100%.

In about six hours we have a guest coming over to Dirty Laundry Studios (aka - Kajunkles Studio) to be on load # 159 of Dirty Laundry Podcast. He is a music guest. We have had great success with the music shows. They are a lot of fun and usually require very little editing on my part. This is someone Cha Cha actually went and saw with the expressed reason to scout him for the show. Check Cha Cha out booking guests.

After the show we are headed to the Sugar Grove Corn Boil. Kinda odd that we would leave the corn capital of the world (Dekalb) to go to a corn boil somewhere else. They have a corn boil we have CORNFEST! We are going to see Libido Funk Circus. I became aware of them when I was doing my weekly radio show, The Mattgarita Happy Hour, on Jimmy Buffet's Radio Margaritaville.  I loved doing that show but it came to an end when Radio Margaritaville moved to SiriusXM Satellite Radio. They changed their format slightly so my show was axed because the format was no longer FOR MATT. Anyway, I started playing LBF's music then and we have played a few of their songs on the podcast over the years. I have never seen them live. They play 80's music and lean a great deal toward disco. Steve Dahl made us hate disco but now, years later, I have found that I think I have been a closet disco-lover. In high school my friend Scott Simpson would always call me Disco or Matty Disco. I was never really sure why he called me that. Maybe he saw something in me that I didn't know. In high school I listened to The Cars, Cheap Trick, AC/DC, The Scorpions, The Police, The Clash, Psychedelic Furs, INXS, Queen, Kansas, Rush, Pink Floyd, ABC, U2... I don't consider any of them disco. Disco was huge and then Chicago disc jockey / radio celebrity Steve Dahl held Disco Demolition at a White Sox game / Comiskey Park and then everybody hated disco. The hatred of disco was kind of the genocide or prejudice in the music industry. Even the college town in Gotham City was Disco Tech and that was in the 1960's; I imagine they closed in 1979 after Disco Demolition. The show starts at 21:30; I hope it doesn't rain. We are supposed to wear blue - they usually dress in a particular color and ask the dress in that color if they are so inclined. I will probably try.
Disco Stu says, "See you at Corn Fest!"

I should end now because I have picked up a computer virus and I am unsure if I will be able to finish this on this computer if I keep going. This is not the computer I use for recording the show. That one I pretty much exclusively use for the show. I don't go on the interweb on that one too often and will not at all now. I need to get the studio musician friendly. I wonder if I will accompany him with my mini desktop drums? If you are in Sugar Grove tonight maybe I will see you there; I will be the guy in blue. Have a great night. Thank you for stopping-in. I may blog tomorrow but, I will probably be sleepy after staying out late tonight and I do have to work tomorrow night so, I will place the likelihood at 58%. TTTT (58%)...MITM (boogieing out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment